MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] NeueBlue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Very nice start so far, it will be a great addition for any board in my opinion. It's not too niche specific. I'm sure you'll get lots of buyers once it's completed.
(2013-01-21, 05:47 PM)Geoffrey Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice start so far, it will be a great addition for any board in my opinion. It's not too niche specific. I'm sure you'll get lots of buyers once it's completed.

Thanks! And that's what I hope Smile
Great theme, i really like it Smile Can't wait to see it released Smile
Now we're talking.

Obviously what we have here is a very cursory example. Since it's just the index, we can't talk about much from a UI/UX perspective, but aesthetically this is very nice. I do have a few questions.

1. What does the username dropdown do versus the preference cog?
2. What's the reasoning behind showing stats instead of who's online by default (or why are is it a choice at all – isn't there room for both?)
3. Why do some forums have a border-left but not others?

Still, great start, looking forward to see it develop.
(2013-01-21, 08:01 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Now we're talking.

Obviously what we have here is a very cursory example. Since it's just the index, we can't talk about much from a UI/UX perspective, but aesthetically this is very nice. I do have a few questions.

1. What does the username dropdown do versus the preference cog?
2. What's the reasoning behind showing stats instead of who's online by default (or why are is it a choice at all – isn't there room for both?)

3. on/off icon

I don't know the answers to the rest but I agree with 2
Ahh. That's a bit confusing IMO
(2013-01-21, 08:01 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]1. What does the username dropdown do versus the preference cog?

Thanks for the questions brad! This is the kind of stuff that makes me think and just helps me improve overall Smile

1. The username dropdown would house the CP links and the PM link. The cog dropdown reveals New Posts, Today's Posts, and Buddy List.

2. I guess there would be room. They just seemed to be different enough from each other to put them in different sections. I'll put them together and see how it looks!

3. Jason got it, those are the on/off icons. I wanted to go for a simplistic indication so it puts the user's focus on the content. Would putting a bar on every forum (colored for on, grayed for off) make it less confusing?
Yeah, I think adding a grey bar for off would make it much clearer.

As for the cog ... usually a cog is used to denote options or preferences, so I find this pretty confusing. Plus new posts/today's posts are pretty important functions (IMO) that shouldn't be buried, especially since you seem to have room elsewhere for them.

I'm not even sure you need a dropdown there. You could do a mail icon for messages and a cog for User CP.
(2013-01-22, 07:28 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I think adding a grey bar for off would make it much clearer.

As for the cog ... usually a cog is used to denote options or preferences, so I find this pretty confusing. Plus new posts/today's posts are pretty important functions (IMO) that shouldn't be buried, especially since you seem to have room elsewhere for them.

I'm not even sure you need a dropdown there. You could do a mail icon for messages and a cog for User CP.

Remember, though, that you'd need icons for Mod and Admin CP as well. I'll work on the dropdown design and update you Smile

And speaking of updates, here's the updated index with updated on/off icons, sidebar, and welcomeblock: http://i5.minus.com/ic9lFoMdyPFf6.png

I'll work on the postbit tomorrow so you guys can see what that'll look like soon!
I'm drawing out some concepts for the postbit but I have a couple questions. Would you prefer the classic layout or the default layout as the theme's default? And do you want to see a semi-threaded view (with OP's full width and everyone else tabbed in) or should I keep the way it is by default?
Pages: 1 2 3 4