MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CountryMB.com - Country Music Discussion Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Name of Website: CountryMB
URL: http://countrymb.com
Type of Website: Forum
Description: We are a country music discussion forum. We're starting small layout wise, but we've got everything covered. Check out our Your Turn section for members sharing their own music, and then also sharing what they've found from other rising artists. Follow us on twitter at @CountryMB1 to stay up to date with everything country music and the forum specifically. We're excited to be open, come join us!
Nice forum; not too many sections, and a simplistic but easy-on-the-eyes theme. It's lacking activity, though.
(2013-01-21, 12:19 PM)Alternate Wrote: [ -> ]Nice forum; not too many sections, and a simplistic but easy-on-the-eyes theme. It's lacking activity, though.

Thanks. We did just open on Saturday. You can't expect us to be super active or active at all at this point. That seems a bit harsh.
Activity is key. People arrive - look at your site - and look to see if there are other people there. if the site does not seem busy or only appears to have a couple of members then you may lose possible members who might otherwise have joined.

On the topic of people joining, is that twitter logon fixed?

Regarding content - you have a lot of subforums - you do need to have fresh content everyday in each section so you are just making extra work for yourself.

To use an analogy:

Imagine you are buying your first book. You take it home and put it somewhere - once you have several books they are all on a small shelf - then one day a bookcase - maybe even a room of books - possibly - a library building.

What you cannot do with your one book is go and put it in a full size library building where you have it categorised all neatly. You only have one book at the start. The library looks empty with acres of empty shelves all waiting for future books with one small book somewhere in the maze of shelving.
If you say you will get the users to bring books to the library and put them on the shelves for you - they will - but only if there is a book they can swap it for. Right now, you do have more than one book but the ones you have are currently too few for the number of shelves you have lined up.

Books = content
No, the twitter log in isn't fixed. I made a post here yesterday, but I guess no one wants to help me and would rather just complain in this topic because I don't have a booming forum after two days.
Hey, I am not complaining in your topic - I am actually trying to help you.

I will tell you what you must do - until that twitter login works TURN IT OFF. It is probably losing you members.
Or you could just help me fix the problem, since I see you're on the support team here. I'm sure you have at least some slight idea of what the problem is.

Anyways, the header link has been removed for now.
Actually Geoffrey I don't know what the problem is; as a member of the support team I support MyBB and TRY to help with plugins.

As an FYI - the tone you are using is not encouraging me to test out an entire installation I do not want that is NOT core MyBB.
I'm not using any tone. Keep in mind this is all text, it's impossible for you to really know what tone, if any, I am using. I would appreciate it if you didn't assume things about me. Thank you. Wink
No problems Geoffrey - I hope the plugin author can help you with the twitter.
Pages: 1 2