MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: File Verification Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
File Verification is listing over a 100 files that didn't show up before the upgrade. Is there a way to get these files in sync so that it only shows files that I've made changes to?
What are they coming up as? Changed, Missing?
They are coming up as changed.
Changed means you have made changes to.
Have you tried reuploading the files from a fresh package?
@vEconomy: I didn't make changes to any of the files. I used the process specified in the blog post which gave the option to only upload changed files.

@Nathan: When you say fresh package, do you mean a total reinstall? I used the Changed Files Package. Should I have not done that?

Any thoughts on this, guys?
I'm not sure what to do here. I've tried asking for further help, but am not getting a response. I find this to be a recurring theme when I post questions. Someone sounds eager to help, but then dead silence after the conversation goes beyond a second reply. I would seriously consider paying for MyBB if it meant better technical support. I'm at a loss here guys, and waiting for days for a simple response makes it quite difficult to run a forum efficiently. Please, can someone help. I don't mean to offend anyone, but if I'm going to rely on MyBB as my forum of choice, I need to get some consistent support. I have received great help in the past, and am not discounting that, but it is one major issue I have with MyBB. What will it take? Maybe a subscription fee for top tier support?
Please read the support read me: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74894.html

When I say fresh package, I mean reupload the files from a fresh package. No need to reinstall.
(2013-01-24, 09:34 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Please read the support read me: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74894.html

When I say fresh package, I mean reupload the files from a fresh package. No need to reinstall.

I'm having the same problem as the OP. I'm a little confused as to what the difference is between uploading the files from a fresh package and a reinstall. They sound the same to me so I'm obviously not understanding the difference between the two tasks. I could us some clarification.

Thanks.
(2013-01-31, 12:56 PM)mwforum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-24, 09:34 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Please read the support read me: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74894.html

I'm having the same problem as the OP. I'm a little confused as to what the difference is between uploading the files from a fresh package and a reinstall. They sound the same to me so I'm obviously not understanding the difference between the two tasks. I could us some clarification.

Thanks.

Reinstalling means you start from fresh. No users, threads, or posts. Reuploading the files won't affect any data in the database. It just means the code used to manipulate this data is replaced.
Pages: 1 2