MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converting from SMF bust.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello I just converted from SMF and I was provided with a report that said all went well but when I go to my site it looks like I opened a program in a word document with all these weird characters.

www.blacksunstudios.org

I could attach my tables but is it safe?
that is a gzip issue I believe. can you access your ACP and see what the gzip settings are under Server Optimization
(2013-01-22, 10:09 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]that is a gzip issue I believe. can you access your ACP and see what the gzip settings are under Server Optimization

ACP? I cant get on my site it doesnt work period.
run this query :

SELECT name, value FROM mybb_settings WHERE name like '%gzip%'

It should return two records.

also, what is in your htaccess file?
(2013-01-22, 10:47 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]run this query :

SELECT name, value FROM mybb_settings WHERE name like '%gzip%'

It should return two records.

also, what is in your htaccess file?

Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
#   MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
#   errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
	# Turn off mod_security filtering.
	SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
	SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
#   the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
#   named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
		SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
	</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
	AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>

Thats in the file you requested.

And I do not know how to do the second thing you requested. [/php]
In cPanel or whatever, go to the Databases section, then click phpMyAdmin, go to your MyBB database, click the SQL button, paste the query in there and run it.
(2013-01-22, 11:36 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]In cPanel or whatever, go to the Databases section, then click phpMyAdmin, go to your MyBB database, click the SQL button, paste the query in there and run it.

Alright I figured you were looking for these two things at the bottom but wasnt sure. Here is a picture.

[Image: 33w2ia1.png]
Click edit on both and set them both to 0.
(2013-01-23, 01:37 AM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Click edit on both and set them both to 0.

I have set them to zero and still nothing. Im still getting weird charecters or the option to download my index.php when I attempt to connect.
You need to delete ./inc/settings.php too.
Pages: 1 2