MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB GoMobile - Rebirth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Will MyBB GoMobile be a paid theme after or still be free?
Isn't 1.8 supposed to have Mobile support or was that 2.0?
(2013-01-28, 11:23 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-28, 11:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]all of your designs look the same. Would be nice to see something new.

I have a style I stick to, don't see a problem with that. Every designer has their own style.

Like he said he's sick of that style. Not much point in a designer "sticking" to his style is everyone is sick of it lol. You'll end up designing for yourself Big Grin
(2013-02-26, 08:31 PM)Jambuster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-28, 11:23 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-28, 11:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]all of your designs look the same. Would be nice to see something new.

I have a style I stick to, don't see a problem with that. Every designer has their own style.

Like he said he's sick of that style. Not much point in a designer "sticking" to his style is everyone is sick of it lol. You'll end up designing for yourself Big Grin

This isnt client work pal, I am designing for myself.
Well it's nearly two years later since this thread has been made and the GoMobile site is down and no news on a new theme. MyBB has a new version and the theme doesn't work as it should on the old one now that there are many updates and phone technology has also changed some.

Is there ANY news on this?
Is there a thread or site with information on this?
Should I just use TapaTalk? I really don't like it much but right now it's looking like that may be the way to go now.
you could just use tapatalk. Another option is to use a mobile ready set of templates and point the go mobile plugin to that theme set in options.

This would work perfectly I think : http://community.mybb.com/thread-163403.html

Your other option is to design the whole site responsively; but on a slow connection, the way mybb is built with all the js in the head.... its not really a mobile solution.
Thanks LeeFish. that would be ideal except I'm still using Mybb 1.6+ for now. Not ready to upgrade because of all the plugins I have installed have not made it to the new version yet Sad

I'll keep this and the other thread bookmarked and keep checking.

It's sad the plugin is no longer going to be developed, my users really like it and they are just not very tech savvy so it was perfect for them.
Someone seems to have uploaded a 1.8 compatible GoMobile, haven't tested it: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=331
@Goggalor - your other option is a responsive theme for 1.6. GoMobile was no lighter than MyBB really; it was just styling.

My own site leefish is responsive on 1.6. Its doable.
Pages: 1 2 3