MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing a large database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys. I'm looking to import a large forum database I have that contains over 30,000 posts and 1,000 members. Each time I import it, it seems to come without the mybb_users table and the necessary tables to run the MyBB Merge platform.

I have searched the plain SQL file and found the mybb_users table inside of it. I'm just unsure why it is leaving out so many tables when I import it.

The file is 136mb raw with no compression. I tried to use it on localhost with the max filesize just being enough to upload it and it gives me the same errors.

I'd also like to be sure that it does have everything with it, else I'll have a problem with the person who sold it to me.

Thanks
You're probably exceeding the limit some how.

Try uploading the .SQL file directly onto the FTP of the new host, then using this script to help you port in the Database:
http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/

Alternatively, you should consult your host, a lot will assist you with transferring the enormous database onto their servers.
That's very large for 30k posts and 1k members. I'd expect the SQL to be much smaller. Less than 50mb.

But follow webex advice.
http://www.mysqldumper.net/

This one is very good and easy to use too!
That's a huge database. Does it contain a Bad Behavior log table? Those can take up space extremely fast when spambots start trying to access your forum. I know mine used to sit at ~75MB.
A simple equation:
50mb != Large db
1 gb >= Large db

And for importing any size larger than 10 mb use big dump or mysqldumper.
(2013-01-30, 09:02 AM)ProVirus Wrote: [ -> ]A simple equation:
50mb != Large db
1 gb >= Large db

Got your symbols mixed up. Saying that 1GB is greater than or equal to a large database sounds odd.
(2013-01-30, 09:21 AM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-30, 09:02 AM)ProVirus Wrote: [ -> ]A simple equation:
50mb != Large db
1 gb >= Large db

Got your symbols mixed up. Saying that 1GB is greater than or equal to a large database sounds odd.

Yes exactly you don't call a db of 50 mb large or huge. I din't mix up any symbols.
You're saying "less than or equal to 1gb is a large database". You should have just typed "1gb+" ^_^
@TOM: i used ">" which means greater than not less than. Ohhh GOD is there no programmers here. They would definitely understand me Toungue
Pages: 1 2