MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: inc/datahandlers/users.php bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

Last night I spent a fair amount of time pestering Christian and Dennis on the mIRC chat and they helped me to figure out how to replace some code in the inc/datahandlers/users.php file and how to run an SQL query in the phpMyAdmin which was supposed to have fixed a problem on my board. The problem I was having was that when I went to edit the clickable smilies section in admincp, it erased my clickable smilies menu altogether.

Well, the edits seemed to fix the problem and as of last night I thought all was cool, but this morning I got the following complaints from other users:

"Hmmm...doing a quick reply.  Before I tried "full reply" and my text was obscured by what looked like HTML tags on the left margin--I was unable to see what I typed because the text would appear behind the tags.  Do you guys get that at all?"

I told them to go to usercp and click the "Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages" box if it was unticked. Here is the message I got back:

"Kenny,  That seems to have cleared it up for me.  It's still kinda weird though, because when I go to reply to the message I still see the stuff in the left column of the message window...looks like a script for italics and below that one for underline, then looks like some other scripts for maybe centering or format below that.  Only now, when I move my mouse over them they disappear and things look cool, where before they were permanent and would obscure part of my message.  Strange, but I'm able to do what I need to and can see the full text in my reply.  Before I start typing, I also see a bunch of horizontal gray lines (about 20 of them) on the bottom 1/3rd of the window, but they too disappear when I begin typing and/or my text comes close to where the gray lines are.  In short, things still appear a little "glitchy" but otherwise things are functional."

The odd thing is that I don't see any of what he is describing on my user account. It sounds like his format options are appearing as code in the message field for some reason. Anyway, any feedback on how or if these glitches can be cleared up?

Cheers,
Kenny
PS. My details are: MyBB version: 1.2.1 PHP version: 4.4.2
DB version: MySQL 4.1.18
Could either of these users get you a screenshot of what they are seeing?
What browser is he using? Is this only happening to one user or more?
Hi guys, here are the screen shots of what he's seeing. Also, he says he just upgraded his browser to IE 7.0 last week. And to my knowledge it is only happening to this guy. Myself and another user don't see what he's seeing. The weird thing is, though, he only started having this problem after I did those edits to the datahandlers file and ran that SQL query.
That has been reported and it seems to be a IE 7 error, the first one anyways. Not sure about the other one.
The first one has been reported and fixed. Not sure about the second one (Damn IE7! I thought you were supposed to get better, not worse!)
When you say it's been reported and fixed, what does that mean? How does that affect me and my situation?
uhhhhhhh.... I find you will live if you don't get a fix. You will also find that if you drag your mouse over them, they will pop into place. When I say its been reported and fixed, I mean, its been reported and fixed. No, seriously. I really do mean that.
tiki, your sarcasm is really of no benefit to me. So you're telling me it's fixed but that I don't need to fix it? What kind of advice is that? Can I fix this problem or not? Yeah, you're right, it's not a life threatening issue. Good call Nostradamus. Never the less, if I can clear it up I'd like to. Anyone able to offer me some real advice?
I think Tiktiki is tired of people asking for the fix right away, I believe you will live with this bug, I believe your users doesn't really mind that much either. I say this is a browser bug still though. I will always dislike Internet explorer. If he can update his browser or change to Firefox or Opera he'll be much better of.
Pages: 1 2 3