MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Mod Notes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-02-21, 06:51 PM)kylesw555 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this thread not in the Plugin Request Forum?
Yes it is.
Apologies Smile Trying to do so many things at once.
Are you using profile comments? If you are not then you could probably use that as a log by restricting access to moderators and above only.
Yes I am using Profile Comments, is there a way of making it work twice but once with those settings?
no???
?????
I don't think there will be a way of doing that apart from change the plugin name all through the plugin file and its file name??
Am I allowed to do that or would I need permission from the creator?
(2013-03-09, 07:31 PM)kylesw555 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I allowed to do that or would I need permission from the creator?

As long as you don't sell it and give credits if you do give it to someone you should be fine with the creative commons license it's under.
Thanks fir that, could you give me any guidelines on what exactly or what not to edit? I don't want to use a word replace tool and end up editing parts that I shouldn't.

Also could you help me change it so that only mods can see it?

Thanks
(2013-03-10, 06:51 PM)kylesw555 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks fir that, could you give me any guidelines on what exactly or what not to edit? I don't want to use a word replace tool and end up editing parts that I shouldn't.

Also could you help me change it so that only mods can see it?

Thanks

Before I was looking at the wrong plugin, but you can still edit the profile comments one. From looking at the code, find and replace "comments" with "comments2" and also "commentnotify" with "commentnotify2" (without quotes for all of them) and save the new plugin file as "profilecomments2.php". That should cover all the functions and variables in templates that are used, as long as I didn't miss any. If you don't know, CTRL+H is a fast way to find an replace in nearly every text editor.
Pages: 1 2 3