MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Over 10.000 errors after installing Google SEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I have a big problem!

Google SEO seems to be a very useful plugin but my errors log in Google Webmaster Tools has going crazy!

Look at this (over 10.000 errors):
[attachment=28571]

I don't know if this Google Parameters from Webmaster Tools are badly interacting with Google SEO:
[attachment=28572]

My forum is here. Some help, please?!
Well, those access denied errors are there because the access is denied for the listed pages.

Your board is set up in a way that disallows guests, and therefore presumably Google, to view user profile pages, or download attachments, etc. In such a case you should probably block them with robots.txt outright. (there's an example robots.txt included with the Google SEO package)

The alternative would be to allow guests&Google to access those pages.
Thanks,
You mean that must to edit my .htacces file for allows "guests, and therefore presumably Google, to view user profile pages, or download attachments, etc" ?
No, that's a question of your forum permissions...
I will not change the permission for guests/Google to view User Profiles, full size attachments, reply etc. Some people say that is better to use a nofollow tag.
Feel free to change links in templates to nofollow (where applicable).

You should be aware that you never have full control over nofollow though. Anyone can take any link and post it anywhere - and it won't be nofollow there so Google will follow it after all.

robots.txt on the other hand always blocks regardless where the link came from. That's why I recommend to block with robots.txt what will be seen as a no permission page anyways.

nofollow is primarly useful for spam comments (and that's where Google SEO applies it). Not so much for no permission on your own site, simply because you have no control over it.
You're right man! Thank you for explanations! I just upload a better robots.txt file

I can use the same solution for my 2000 duplicate tags due to the multi page threads?

Example for a Thread named "My Tamper" with 7pages I have 7 duplicate tags in Webmaster Tools:

My Tamper 
/forum/Thread-My-Tamper 
/forum/Thread-My-Tamper?page=2 
/forum/Thread-My-Tamper?page=3 
/forum/Thread-My-Tamper?page=4 
/forum/Thread-My-Tamper?page=5 
/forum/Thread-My-Tamper?page=6 
/forum/Thread-My-Tamper?page=7

[attachment=28580]
Add the page number to the title, as described in the Google SEO documentation.
You mean this!
Nice implementation, but this add mean that all my forum pages will be renamed. What will happen with the old links like "/forum/Thread-My-Tamper?page=4"? Still remains valid? If yes, the duplicate tags will continue to exist. If no, all my internal links in forum will be broken. Right?
... the page title is not related to the URL whatsoever ...
Pages: 1 2