MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Opera moving to Webkit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think versions 6-8 were my favorite for Opera. Ever since Chrome was released IMHO Opera seems lost with what to do.
The sad thing is that we will lose Opera Dragonfly in the webkit-based versions. Some extensions too...
They did a nice job. Reduces the hassle for me when writing cross browser codes now.
(2013-02-20, 08:10 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I think versions 6-8 were my favorite for Opera. Ever since Chrome was released IMHO Opera seems lost with what to do.

Ha I'd have to agree with this. In a way I get the sense that Chrome has made all browsers lost in some way or another. Look at Firefox, they were just pushing out releases every now and again and then all of a sudden they are releasing 5 major versions of Firefox a year?

But overall good move for Opera, wish them the best of luck Smile
I honestly think they should've done that in the first place, what's the point of having a rendering engine when it's not highly developed, and accepted everywhere? If every browser shared the same webkit, it'd be much less of a headache for webdevs, and less for consumers too.
(2013-02-28, 09:29 PM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly think they should've done that in the first place, what's the point of having a rendering engine when it's not highly developed, and accepted everywhere? If every browser shared the same webkit, it'd be much less of a headache for webdevs, and less for consumers too.

Well you have to consider the history of Opera which dates back to 1995 (?). They would have had to develop their own rendering engine as no real alternatives to hop onto. Today though thats a different story.

While I haven't used Opera in a long while I will be sure to check this out when ready.
Pages: 1 2 3