MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Favicon not showing up for IE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know why my forum favicon is not showing up whenever I am using IE? Works perfect on Chrome and Firefox.

I uploaded my favicon to my headerinclude template (<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="images/new_favicon.png" /> ).

I also downloaded the ico file into my site root (I think that's the right place).

[attachment=28705]

This is what shows up on IE:

[attachment=28704]

I would really appreciate the help.
Your favicon must be an actual icon file if I remember correctly, but if that's not the case, I think Internet Explorer requires the "rel" parameter to be "shortcut icon". Try one or both of the solutions I have posted, and let me know if it does not work.
I have no clue what a "rel" parameter is.
use ico format favicon
png not supports at all and put it in hearder templete
(2013-02-26, 06:41 AM)ALUXi33 Wrote: [ -> ]I have no clue what a "rel" parameter is.

Oh, I'm sort of tired, sorry for not explaining more.

This is your current favicon forum code:

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="images/new_favicon.png" />   

Change it to:

<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/png" href="images/new_favicon.png" />   

Then let me know if it works.
I see. I'll give it a try.

Still not showing up...........

http://carfanaticsforum.com/
People should just not use ie. Problem solved.
(2013-02-26, 06:44 AM)ALUXi33 Wrote: [ -> ]I see. I'll give it a try.

Still not showing up...........

http://carfanaticsforum.com/

Then the only thing I can think of is it not being the right format, for whatever reason. It should work otherwise, it's set up correctly, but the browser is just not accepting it.

Can you try converting your favicon to a 16x16 .ico, and then placing it in the root of your site, and then implementing it into the site? Those are my only solutions that can come to my mind based on previous experience.

(2013-02-26, 06:57 AM)TaylorCTU Wrote: [ -> ]People should just not use ie. Problem solved.

Yes, let's make a forum that we're trying to get out there only accessible on certain browsers because of problems they cause. No. That is not a good idea for SEO, at all. Some people don't know any better and use Internet Explorer, that's their fault. But it's not in our hands to force users to download a browser if they're already comfortable (however that's possible with IE) with the current one they got. All you can really do in the standpoint of being for the users, is to make it work for them.
(2013-02-26, 06:43 AM)bingbot Wrote: [ -> ]png not supports at all and put it in hearder templete

This is the problem I guess. Use ico.

I've zipped the ico version of your png and attached.
Some have no choice. At my work place, and many other members of my forum, IE is the only browser they are allowed to use.

(2013-02-26, 07:05 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-26, 06:43 AM)bingbot Wrote: [ -> ]png not supports at all and put it in hearder templete

This is the problem I guess. Use ico.

I've zipped the ico version of your png and attached.

So add this to my headerinclude or forum root folder?
Pages: 1 2