MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recommend me a VPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I am wanting to get a VPS for security on my website. however I am not sure which one is good. I don't want to mistake a site that looks good for bad quality.

Can anyone recommend me one that keeps up to date on everything?
Whenever I need a VPS, I usually grab one from Lowendbox.com

However, I usually recommend Ramnode, BuyVM, or Hostigation. I have used Ramnode and Hostigation, both are really good on uptime. BuyVM, I hear good reviews about, and it's on the top of the list on Lowendbox - All three are technically high on the list as well.

It's really depending on where you want your server though.
I bought my first VPS in http://myhosting.com/ and I was happy with them.
(2013-03-05, 06:14 PM)Init Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I need a VPS, I usually grab one from Lowendbox.com

Doesn't sound like an option. Based on his description he wants a managed VPS.
(2013-03-05, 11:43 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-05, 06:14 PM)Init Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I need a VPS, I usually grab one from Lowendbox.com

Doesn't sound like an option. Based on his description he wants a managed VPS.

Fair enough. So I am guessing CPanel is a must as well.

If you need managed and CPanel, I usually suggest KnownHost.
Could you provide desired specs? Budget? Location preference? Control panel preference? Managed or unmanaged VPS?

Would be easier to find a better match with those details Smile.
If you know how many online users for same time, it will be better to choose from 1Gb RAM or 2Gb RAM. Also Fully Managed Services will be great for best optimize your VPS.
(2013-03-12, 09:39 AM)UpReseller Wrote: [ -> ]If you know how many online users for same time, it will be better to choose from 1Gb RAM or 2Gb RAM. Also Fully Managed Services will be great for best optimize your VPS.

How can you say that? If the forum is small enough and you wanted cPanel then the smallest you could get away with is 512mb with free burst just in case.
http://CortexNetworks.com - Its who I use.
Just go for Managed VPS from hostgator. Their support will be Awesome
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6