MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Future of MYBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
MyBB is definitely looking bright in the future in my opinion.
Surely, its best, feature rich, most flexible and pleasure to code with its API,
and i personally know many people who leave other forum software's and move to MyBB.
MyBB doesn't have an API. It's also not particularly flexible as a CMS. I'd love to see the world through your rose-tinted glasses.
I don't understand why people says that mybb it's inactive? I see that all functions are working, and is a great forum board. And sometimes if we need something new, or some features here we receive a full help. Maybe some improvements from seo or bugs will be great, for example always i receive in webmaster tools by duplicate title tags, even if i have installed the seo all in one plugin, but this is not enough, becouse when you replace on specific thread it make Re: and again the title, i think this is the problem. Oh i am talking a lot, sorry!!! Great work i am waiting to release and see what it's new there..
Your site has 26 members and is, feature-wise, not even scratching the surface of MyBB's potential. Some of us are hitting walls because we want to continue building more powerful and more user-friendly features.
I am very glad that MyBB was created, it's definitely my favorite software now, having been a previous vBulletin fanboy + license holder.
Yes, I really curious with the (next) un-independent Framework.
But, So far MyBB is the great software ever seen and its Free.
Developers People is great..
What's the rush? I'm happy just being on 1.6, there is so many good mods and plugins for it. Smile

... I'm worried not all of them will be ported over to 1.8 whenever that's done though, hope the ones I use are at least. Undecided
You shouldn't expect many issues with 1.6 plugins on 1.8. We're not rewriting it so changes with likely be minor.
(2013-04-22, 11:43 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't expect many issues with 1.6 plugins on 1.8. We're not rewriting it so changes with likely be minor.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6