MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuz!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have anyone here actually used Discuz! before? & what is your experience with it?

(2013-03-07, 04:22 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]Have anyone here actually used Discuz! before? & what is your experience with it?
No doubt, it's a great service. Used on many of the top blogs and I really enjoy using it.

Best thing is, It is free to use (for smaller, non-huge-corporation websites)

The only thing is, I don't know if they have integrated ads yet, or if they will. I remember them saying they make their money out of huge websites who pay a lot of money for their software and support. However, I am not sure if they will ever integrate any ads.
Thanks for replying Smile

It is really free? I went on a offical site and they do offer different kind of package?(so may be they only charge business/ companies for money?)
which do you like better? myBB or Discuz? and is it easy to convert from mybb to Discuz?

edit: are you using the Discuz! X2.5 version?
I assume Init thought you meant Disqus. I've never heard of "Discuz" and it doesn't seem to be very popular. It certainly isn't a leader in the forum software industry like MyBB is. It seems to be owned by a small group of Russian Chinese (??) developers, and the English language pack has a fair few mistakes. "Specified forum is not exist."
(2013-03-07, 05:13 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I assume Init thought you meant Disqus. I've never heard of "Discuz" and it doesn't seem to be very popular. It certainly isn't a leader in the forum software industry like MyBB is. It seems to be owned by a small group of Russian developers, and the English language pack has a fair few mistakes. "Specified forum is not exist."

no, it is Discuz! it is extremely popular in asian counties, I once went to an asian forum, and the forum was AMAZING!

I didn't know that it is free until now that Init mentioned it, I think it is probably better than paid forum ware...but again, I need to find out if they have advs now.

& Thanks for replying Smile
Oh, my apologies. I truly thought you were talking about disqus. For the record, I have not heard about Discuz.
I've never heard of it either...
Looks like it's Chinese, and costs more than vBulletin and XenForo - around $482 US. (Google and Wikipedia) It's free for personal use, costs the $482 for commercial use.

Other than that, never heard of it.
Thanks for replying guys~

(2013-03-07, 05:51 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like it's Chinese, and costs more than vBulletin and XenForo - around $482 US. (Google and Wikipedia) It's free for personal use, costs the $482 for commercial use.

Other than that, never heard of it.

it is chinese? I see, I wasn't sure. I just thought that the forum was so cool~ ...

wow @0@ $482??!!!
I think old Garena forums used to use Discuz. If anyone from here was an old player in garena, they might know.
Pages: 1 2