MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: This is insane!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why are are all the advanced features like the linking Icon and the others (text controls like BOLD, margin controls and so on) not in my forums posting interface, we are also missing smiles at the left too! ???

PS: We can upload stock avatars but custom from my computer it will not allow???? Sad
You really really should be reading the sticky threads.
MISSING SMILIE INSERTER / MyCODE FORMATTING BAR?.
Did you forget about your other thread? o.0

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=13583
OK, I just went into my user options and the enhanced posting interface was not checked, but why is this even an option for users?

It just does not make sense because people go from forum to forum and they should not have to get frustrated with this sort of thing!

When I enabled this the smiles mysteriously came back into the interface also!

Please fix some of this stuff guys before users and forum owners are driven insane!
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, it is fixed >.>
I fixed it >.>
Please read my reply here.

This is a option because not everyone likes that editor.

I'll make it easy for you, download my attachment, unzip it and upload it to your ftp server inside inc/datahandlers.
The bug has been fixed, you'll need to apply the patch yourself.

As stated above and in the other thread, see this: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=13434

That clearly explains how to fix this for all users and the ACP bug fix.
Gentleman, as far as the advanced posting interface, can you have this checked by default, users should have to uncheck it if they want the simple posting interface without the control icons.

The way it is now does not make sense!
It is a bug, please please. Read here again.
I'm talking about the enhanced posting interface being the default setting and forcing people to check the simple option!

Is that what you're talking about ?
Listen, there was a bug with MyBB 1.2.1 that when you edit a user in the ACP, the Formatting Tool Bar and Smilies get disabled.

We have posted the fix several times in this thread, if you wan't it fixed, please see linked threads.
Pages: 1 2