MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb vs SMF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

Answer truthfully and honestly. I know most of the answers will be Mybb because I am on the mybb forum lol.. but I really want to know....

I am looking for a forum to be integrated into my wordpress website. What will be easier to integrate into my wordpress site?

What will be better? Mybb or SMF?
Is there an existing wordpress bridge for SMF? How comfortable are you with php?
There is a very popular bridge for SMF and Wordpress.

If you want to sacrifice your forum's epicness, then you can happily switch over to SMF.

But if you are willing to sacrifice on the integration, then MyBB is the choice.
(2013-03-10, 05:18 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]There is a very popular bridge for SMF and Wordpress.

If you want to sacrifice your forum's epicness, then you can happily switch over to SMF.

But if you are willing to sacrifice on the integration, then MyBB is the choice.

I know nothing about php lol

Im going to see if I can get someone to create a plugin to allow user integration with wrdpress and mybb... might cost me $$ but I think it will help a lot of people out
There already is such a thing - the MyBB integrator class - but you need to be ok working with php.
Or hire a PHP dev who will do it for you against $.
MyBB would be the best if you can get a bridge for it. I am not that greatly happy with anything SMF offers compared to myBB.
(2013-03-10, 06:12 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Or hire a PHP dev who will do it for you against $.

How much do you charge?
(2013-03-11, 08:28 PM)billybatz9 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-10, 06:12 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Or hire a PHP dev who will do it for you against $.

How much do you charge?

I'm not a PHP dev. I sometimes do struggle with some design works, thats all.
Why don't you ask Madam Lee? She is kind ...
(2013-03-10, 06:08 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]There already is such a thing - the MyBB integrator class - but you need to be ok working with php.

How much would you charge to integrate mybb and wordpress?
Pages: 1 2