MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Images appear in every quoted reply.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, is there any way to only have the images in the first post.? Thanks for any help!

Bumps in a rump, wrex in effect.
can we bump
Can you explain the issue you are having? ( more details )
Sure, when someone posts a thread with an attached image. Anytime someone quotes that persons original post with images in it. The images will be copied in the quoted / reply. Thus in essence copying the image multiple times in the thread needlessly. It clogs up the thread and (may take up more space?) IDK. It looks bad. Im on other forums where this isnt an issue. THanks
The real attached file does not appear, only the specified thumbnail appears IMO.
(2013-03-23, 02:00 PM)dallasfish Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, when someone posts a thread with an attached image. Anytime someone quotes that persons original post with images in it. The images will be copied in the quoted / reply. [Image: 1955YA1.png]Thus in essence copying the image multiple times in the thread needlessly. It clogs up the thread and (may take up more space?) IDK. It looks bad. Im on other forums where this isnt an issue. THanks

do you mean attached or inserted image ? inserted is like above
I guess you mean inserted .... if so your users should check on what they are quoting ... I would guess mybb quotes exactly the message asked for to remove the image just remove the
[img]..... [/img] 
tags from the quote
(2013-03-23, 04:28 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-23, 02:00 PM)dallasfish Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, when someone posts a thread with an attached image. Anytime someone quotes that persons original post with images in it. The images will be copied in the quoted / reply. [Image: 1955YA1.png]Thus in essence copying the image multiple times in the thread needlessly. It clogs up the thread and (may take up more space?) IDK. It looks bad. Im on other forums where this isnt an issue. THanks

do you mean attached or inserted image ? inserted is like above
I guess you mean inserted .... if so your users should check on what they are quoting ... I would guess mybb quotes exactly the message asked for to remove the image just remove the
[img]..... [/img] 
tags from the quote

Yes you are correct! When the quote is made the giant image is also quoted. Does anyone know of a way to have this not happen, without my members having to edit the quote? It's quite annoying.
Easy to do,

Go to global.css & add this:

blockquote img {
 display: none;
}
Thanks Cedric that seems to be working unless the images is hosted. Working fine as an attached image thanks! Any clue on how to do this for hosted images?
But that should work.

Try this:

blockquote img {
display: none !important;
}
Pages: 1 2