MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add google analytics code manually?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello friends
This is my forum: talkmoneyonline.com
How to add googleanalytics code manually?
I've tried the plugin but it still can't verified Sad
Help me pleaseAngel
Add to your footer template.
(2013-03-21, 07:27 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Add to your footer template.
Hey I've tried that but its not working Sad
Do you know another working way?
Thanks
Validating your site for GA and tracking by pasting code are two different things. You need to verify your site for GA by uploading some HTML file or so. I guess you're confusing yourself.
You must wait for 1 day before you can get the Tracking info of the visitors Visiting your site.
to verify ownership in Google Webmaster Tools using GA code, the GA code must be in the <head> tag and not int he footer. So move the GA code to the headerinclude template or use the meta tag option (again in headerinclude) or upload the special html file they give you.
(2013-03-21, 02:33 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]to verify ownership in Google Webmaster Tools using GA code, the GA code must be in the <head> tag and not int he footer. So move the GA code to the headerinclude template or use the meta tag option (again in headerinclude) or upload the special html file they give you.
This.

Although you can verify by uploading the HTML file, which is better I believe.

And tracking code can be paste into footer, pretty much anywhere but footer is recommended.
(2013-03-21, 02:33 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]to verify ownership in Google Webmaster Tools using GA code, the GA code must be in the <head> tag and not int he footer. So move the GA code to the headerinclude template or use the meta tag option (again in headerinclude) or upload the special html file they give you.

if i upload a file in the root jscripts GA JS and add the following code
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/google-analytics.js"></script>
is it still working?
^Yes, that should but why make another http request when you can simply add it to footer template or so?
I prefer to upload, because if GA code inserted into templates "headerinclude" would take too much space.

if I only include the "headerinclude" no problem right?
What should be put in the "footer" as well?
Pages: 1 2