MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion: Remove Non-Compliant Showcase Threads All-together
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
That's fine.
I liked your idea but meh these days they do nothing about nothing..
We asked for a better theme and layout. They did nothing
We asked for some unique mods and stuff for mybb so we can stand out.. They did nothing.

It's a real shame.
(2013-03-25, 09:23 PM)ZeoAbyss Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt the mybb team will even take a thought into doing what you said brad...
Infact this thread will probably die with the mybb staffs doing nothing about it.

We'll do what's best for the community and we take everything in to consideration, even if you can't see what's going on behind the scenes. I've already stated my thoughts on the Showcase forum. It's not productive and something needs to be done about it.
(2013-03-25, 09:26 PM)ZeoAbyss Wrote: [ -> ]I liked your idea but meh these days they do nothing about nothing..

What do you think 1.8 is? It's a mashup of a lot of the things users have requested over the years.

(2013-03-25, 09:26 PM)ZeoAbyss Wrote: [ -> ]We asked for some unique mods and stuff for mybb so we can stand out.. They did nothing.

Regarding plugins and mods, they're contributed by the community. As part of the community if you want more plugins, take a few minutes to learn how the plugin system works and create some.

I'm really not sure why I need to tell you this..
(2013-03-25, 09:31 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-25, 09:26 PM)ZeoAbyss Wrote: [ -> ]I liked your idea but meh these days they do nothing about nothing..

What do you think 1.8 is? It's a mashup of a lot of the things users have requested over the years.

(2013-03-25, 09:26 PM)ZeoAbyss Wrote: [ -> ]We asked for some unique mods and stuff for mybb so we can stand out.. They did nothing.

Regarding plugins and mods, they're contributed by the community. As part of the community if you want more plugins, take a few minutes to learn how the plugin system works and create some.

I'm really not sure why I need to tell you this..

Good.. Just waiting to see if it really is things we have waited for.
I meant as in something the developers or whatever could do to make mybb different from other softwares.. Just my opinion.
If you're expecting to see an official CMS or whatever, you can give up now as that's never going to happen.
(2013-03-25, 09:27 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]We'll do what's best for the community and we take everything in to consideration, even if you can't see what's going on behind the scenes.

That's pretty subjective, and I'm unconvinced that anyone on the MyBB team, despite their great abilities as developers and support team members, have any proficiencies in the realm of community management. It's actually pretty shocking to me that MyBB has nobody designated to the role of community manager and outreach or whatever. Who from MyBB's team is encouraging the hard work of forum designers and managers in an official capacity?

The MyBB community has been largely unchanged since I joined here like half a decade ago. What's the vision here, other than a place for MyBB users to dump their technical issues? If that's all it is, may as well embrace it and kill everything relating to non-technical issues and discussion.

(By the way, XenForo's Showcase is awesome. Though I guess people who are using paid software tend to take things more seriously.)
(2013-03-26, 03:24 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-25, 09:27 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]We'll do what's best for the community and we take everything in to consideration, even if you can't see what's going on behind the scenes.

That's pretty subjective, and I'm unconvinced that anyone on the MyBB team, despite their great abilities as developers and support team members, have any proficiencies in the realm of community management. It's actually pretty shocking to me that MyBB has nobody designated to the role of community manager and outreach or whatever. Who from MyBB's team is encouraging the hard work of forum designers and managers in an official capacity?

The MyBB community has been largely unchanged since I joined here like half a decade ago. What's the vision here, other than a place for MyBB users to dump their technical issues? If that's all it is, may as well embrace it and kill everything relating to non-technical issues and discussion.

(By the way, XenForo's Showcase is awesome. Though I guess people who are using paid software tend to take things more seriously.)

I completely agree. Just feels like there should be more community involvement going on (Like XenForo's Have You Seen).
(2013-03-25, 01:43 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Custom design is out of the question since this site runs stock MyBB only.

MySupport? Don't see how, if MyBB Community Forums runs MySupport, it can't also make a custom design for the Showcase? Possibly with an improved rating system, or a more subjective way of separating out the best from the rest.

How about a custom moderator tool that flags a db field for the thread, is_featured. When you load the showcase, you can switch between all threads, featured threads, or non-featured threads.
I think it's an exception simply because it makes the support team's lives so much easier. It was a good exception for them to make. I think asking for a huge revamp of the showcase visually when it's aimless philosophically is a bad move.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10