MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion: Remove Non-Compliant Showcase Threads All-together
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Brad - I think you have the idea on the spirit of what we mean - do you have a suggestion for how we can phrase that for the guidelines so that it is clear for newer members?

I was thinking - we have a lot of negatives in the Guidelines - it all NOT this - NOT that - but very little in a positive sense. Hmm. I shall think about that.
In short, only post updates in your Showcase topic if they are potentially interesting to people other than yourself. The intention of the Showcase is not to gain members, but to discuss.

You should only post in your own Showcase topic in response to others' question or comments, to share interesting updates (e.g. a major redesign or very big news), or to ask for feedback regarding specific design or management decisions.

You should not post about milestones (e.g. 100 members), asking for "general" feedback repeatedly, or useless posts ("bumps"). Doing so risks your topic being permanently locked.

---

This is very long, though. haha
How about something like:

Showcase replies should only accompany innovative or discussion-provoking changes to your forum, such as a unique implementations of MyBB features. A good rule of thumb is that if your update won't interest the community (e.g. statistics, simple changes), then the post shouldn't be made.
I like that a lot.
I actually don't think we need the bump rule at all. I think the rest of the rules will stop the sort of threads that get pointlessly bumped being there in the first place anyway.
true.
I think have the rule with the comfortable feeling that we will probably never have to enforce it.
1+

Well you guys at it, you should make the notice at the top of the forum listing bold and red, they never seem to catch your eye otherwise.
As leefish pointed out this was discussed ages ago to.. then nothing was done about it not having much hopes it will change now..

I am still of the believe the showcase should be something mybb runs themself. Something people cannot just post in and the "showcase" section now should just be a Looking for feedback: forum where people can ask advice about how they could do things differently.
Anori,

We already have some change regarding the showcase. When I first started taking action on this we had over 20 pages of visible forums in the showcase. I think it is now 9. I am actively checking and taking action on forums posted and we have updated the guidelines.

I have asked if the forum can be set to moderated - I don't have ACP access (most of the team do not) and once that is done, then your second point would be covered as well.

Small steps delivering small change will get us there - perhaps slowly, but we will get there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10