MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Demonica
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-08-31, 04:13 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to get technical, using the UI kit to incoporate into a MyBB theme and then distrubuting said theme does not count as re-distrubting the set itself (or so I believe). It IS allowed for commercial purposes (which infers "redistribution" in this context), so long as credit to MediaLoot has been attributed.

That's how I understand it anyway, but I'm no lawyer.

Well in his latest post he said he is just going to sell the PSD. In that case he is not selling a project in which the design is a part of. And i don't see a credit to MediaLoot in the screenshot he provider.

I'm not implying that i'm right. But i'm just saying, after seeing their conditions and after seeing this topic, it doesn't sound right to me.
(2013-08-31, 04:25 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-31, 04:13 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to get technical, using the UI kit to incoporate into a MyBB theme and then distrubuting said theme does not count as re-distrubting the set itself (or so I believe). It IS allowed for commercial purposes (which infers "redistribution" in this context), so long as credit to MediaLoot has been attributed.

Well in his latest post he said he is just going to sell the PSD. In that case he is not selling a project in which the design is a part of. And i don't see a credit to MediaLoot in the screenshot he provider.

I'm not implying that i'm right. But i'm just saying, after seeing their conditions and after seeing this topic, it doesn't sound right to me.

I didn't mean to suggest he was in the right, or that you were wrong, I was just giving my input on the situation.

You are right that he didn't credit MediaLoot, that's why I brought it up :p

I was basically saying that if he were to credit it properly and code it into a theme, I think he would be allowed to do so, that's all. Although it's clear that isn't was he had planned.
(2013-08-31, 04:36 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-31, 04:25 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]

I was basically saying that if he were to credit it properly and code it into a theme, I think he would be allowed to do so, that's all. Although it's clear that isn't was he had planned.

The fact that the design is nothing but rearranged already gives him no right to sell it. Let alone sell the PSD.
Technically he is just trying to re-sell the pack... And I'm pretty sure if I hadn't have posted that link and asked he would have taken full credit for designing it.
Also - If I remember rightly, he was asking me to code it for him... So actually, he had no take in creating the project... Didn't design, wouldn't code...

Pathetic really.
(2013-08-31, 01:39 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-30, 10:52 AM)Xige Time Wrote: [ -> ]http://webuikits.com/smooth-web-app-ui-kit/
:/

Oops! Never thought ShadyX would do that. He's a good designer, especially for Xenforo. Sad

That person is not me, somebody registered here using my username and is impersonating me.

I would NEVER use somebody else's PSD and claim it as my own, I create all my designs from scratch.

Regarding ShadyX (registered on this forum) i can confirm SHX words. OP has registered on AF forums under my username just to sell "his" work (Apple webkit UI). Regarding his (OP's) fake pretends to be someone else this isn't the first time that he's doing that.
I can also confirm that the user ShadyX in this forum is not the actual ShadyX who develops xenforo themes and run a network of sites.

I'm sorry for what i have spoke previous about him. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3