MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lounge Den
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This site was made yesterday, I waited until the domain had propagated for everybody Smile

[Image: IOrT9xH.png]

Lounge Den is a new forum, It's based on general discussion but I'm currently working on making a niche like that unique. It's been live for a few hours, It's already active. It has the following sections:

- Lounge
- Graphics Den
- Gamers Den
- Media Room
- Webmaster Den
- Market Den

Tabs may be added as the site progresses with activity and member base etc. Awards will be added soon, We're always looking for new suggestions. Upgrades won't be added until we hit 1k as i'm not intending to make money from the site.

There are a variety of things to do on the forum, I plan on adding a Games section so members will have something fun to do when nobody is online.

Join at http://loungeden.com
Choice of theme is good and the domain is good as well.

The top bar which has the username and password boxes and register button is only half visible to me.
A general discussion niche is heavily saturated. You need to work on a unique niche to be successful. And i know you mentioned you are working on a unique niche, but i believe you should have done it before registering your domain and showcasing it here.

Good luck.
(2013-03-30, 10:21 PM)MinecraftGeek Wrote: [ -> ]There are a variety of things to do on the forum, I plan on adding a Games section so members will have something fun to do when nobody is online.

They're just going to go do something else, somewhere else.
(2013-03-31, 01:07 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Choice of theme is good and the domain is good as well.

The top bar which has the username and password boxes and register button is only half visible to me.
A general discussion niche is heavily saturated. You need to work on a unique niche to be successful. And i know you mentioned you are working on a unique niche, but i believe you should have done it before registering your domain and showcasing it here.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, The top bar is being worked on so it follows a logged in user when they scroll down the page Smile.

Also yes maybe I should of done that, I'm looking for suggestions also.
(2013-03-31, 01:25 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-30, 10:21 PM)MinecraftGeek Wrote: [ -> ]There are a variety of things to do on the forum, I plan on adding a Games section so members will have something fun to do when nobody is online.

^ This xD Big Grin, Agreed Smile,
Oversaturated Niche and Theme , anyways goodluck.
regards
(2013-03-31, 10:34 AM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]

regards
Do you have any suggestions for me to make the forum better?
(2013-03-31, 10:53 AM)MinecraftGeek Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-31, 10:34 AM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]

regards
Do you have any suggestions for me to make the forum better?

Unique content that separates your forum from say, FK, or another general/lounge board. What makes your forum special? You're a salesman selling your forum to potential new members.
What any forum needs is content. What you should be aiming for is to have unique content that encourages discussion and then to go and get members.

You are unlikely to get members here - this is a site about the MyBB software for forum owners who have sites of their own. That is going to be your main task once you have some content queued up - GET members and KEEP them by making your site a place which offers something nowhere else does. Rather hard to do in the oversaturated general discussion niche you have chosen.
You need to get a better theme.
(2013-04-01, 08:08 AM)Jimmy. Wrote: [ -> ]You need to get a better theme.

Suggest me one if you know of any Smile
Pages: 1 2