MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have a glitch on my board.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So here is why it happened, I uploaded contents of a folder instead of uploaded the whole folder itself, so it replaced 2 things I'm pretty sure but I forget what it replaced. It didn't replace anything in admin because I didn't upload the admin folder.

So after I realize I uploaded it wrong, I went back and deleted everything one-by-one very carefully, making sure I didn't delete anything I needed.

So after I did that, my board got extremely slow, to the point where you hard to physically refresh the page to see new posts, if you click on a post and go back home, you'll see it is still unread until you refresh. I can't see who's online until I refresh either.

So how would I fix this? If anyone wants to take the time to look at what I mean to get a better understanding, my url is www.truegamingtv.com

Now I have an FTP backup from April the 2nd, like with all the files, I'm not sure if I should overwrite everything except the Admin folder with those files..
run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to check for changed / corrupt files
(2013-04-08, 04:27 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to check for changed / corrupt files

I have already ran that, their was nothing that was corrupt.
You might want to check the header include; a view source shows a lot of jquery loading. What you can try doing to isolate the issue is to disable the plugins and see if that goes faster - then you know it is a plugin doing it.
(2013-04-08, 04:45 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]You might want to check the header include; a view source shows a lot of jquery loading. What you can try doing to isolate the issue is to disable the plugins and see if that goes faster - then you know it is a plugin doing it.

I already tried disabling that, I disabled everything and the same thing is happening. I think it shows a lot of jquery loading because of that chat at the bottom.
Try this:

Make a copy of the headerinclude template (just put it in a text file using notepad++) and then revert the headerinclude and run with no plugins.
(2013-04-08, 04:53 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Try this:

Make a copy of the headerinclude template (just put it in a text file using notepad++) and then revert the headerinclude and run with no plugins.

Nope, nothing changed, still the same thing happening.
The arrow chat is still running; it is still loading before prototype. Disable /deactivate the plugins and revert the headerinclude
(2013-04-08, 05:09 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The arrow chat is still running; it is still loading before prototype. Disable /deactivate the plugins and revert the headerinclude

Done.
And that appears to have fixed it. I was able to mark a forum as read and click back to homepage and the forum appeared as read.

You need to look in the arrowchat plugin and change where it is inserting the jquery library; if you are inserting the js tags yourself then load them AFTER prototype and ensure you have jQuery no conflict on.
Pages: 1 2 3