MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, what i need is not really complex, i just don't, how.
So i hope you can help me.

Here i have a forum with 3 sub forums,
the forum "support" which is not open:
[Image: 11l4piw.png]

has 3 sub forums, now lets come to the point:
The image on the left shows the forum locked, thats right due the support forum is closed but i want it like, the image refers to the subforums,
if there is a new post, the new post image should appear and if not, the no new post image instead of the forum locked image.

[Image: 2qa5zky.png]
[Image: 2hgd384.png]
I dindnt get it, all i think is you need to open the forum.
that would solve the issue.
If there is a new topic on as example "game related problems" it should show up/change at the "Support" Image on main.

And thats exactly what i don't want. The "Support" forum must be closed, because we only use this 3 sub forums.
Open the forum and give nobody post rights, Give post rights to the subforums
I wish there would be another way or option of mybb, since i dont want the "new thread" button there.

Thanks anyway
^ you can keep forum open and remove new thread button by using template conditionals plugin
I activated the plugin but kinda don't know how to use.
Also i have no experience with scripts.
Perhaps you should seek someone that might be good with scripts, plugins, and other type of software so they can help you.
Easier said than done Big Grin
forumdisplay_threadlist template consists of new thread button at two places (top, bottom).
with template conditionals plugin installed, you can use below code in the template
 <if $fid != x then>
<div class="float_right">
	{$newthread}
</div>
</if>
above code should replace this code : <div class="float_right">{$newthread}</div>
x is the forum ID (eg. 12).
Pages: 1 2