MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyRPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

First off I have to thank KuJoe. I planned on doing this a while back but he beat me to the punch, however since he has stopped I am starting from ground up. Old MyRPG Project thread.

I have tons of ideas for this and I think it will be much better than the current available version.

Features in the works
  • Classes - Admins will make there own with various stats/advantages
  • Rank system
  • Health, kill/mug
  • Shops
  • Crimes
  • Extortions
  • Organised Crimes (These you commit with multiple people)

Features completed
Settings
  • Online / Offline
  • Access for allowed groups
  • Moderator groups - what people can change certain aspects of the user, this will have a huge permission system I think... eventually
  • Postbit containing the users level

These are just a few things the plugin will have. I am totally open to ideas and suggestions.

F.A.Q
Q) Will this be free or paid?
A) Not sure, I would assume free but donations are appreciated.

Q) What versions will this be compatible for?

This will be for 1.6 and above, when 2 comes out it will be updated.

Q) What is the lifespan of this plugin?
A) How long is a piece of string? No one will know, however I intend to keep it going for a long time.

Q) Do you have a website for it yet?
A) No currently I do not, I intend to at some point, just development needs to make more progress.

Q) Can I help out?
A) The only thing I really need now is ideas and support, unless you can offer anything I haven't thought of no sorry Sad

Feel free to ask questions, support is appreciated along with ideas. Screenshots are pointless at the moment unless you want to see a settings page. Once I have the base done I will share some images.
Could you add an option where instantly after a new user registers they are randomly put into a class?
(2013-04-17, 09:26 PM)smexy Wrote: [ -> ]Could you add an option where instantly after a new user registers they are randomly put into a class?

Yes
I'd love this to get reality.
I think an API is also really important here.
Will you be committing this to Github? I'm sure you'll get quite a bit of help from myself and other devs who will add to and fix what you've got.
Not sure on github, not used it a whole lot but possibly.

@Mania What do you mean the API is also really important?
Sound good. I'm waiting ...
I could be interested into helping with this project if you uploaded it to GH, I'm really thinking about writting a RPG system for my forum.
(2013-04-27, 11:30 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I could be interested into helping with this project if you uploaded it to GH, I'm really thinking about writting a RPG system for my forum.

This. I actually just started on a standalone RPG yesterday so I could learn Laravel and it's a lot of fun to make. I think it'd be really smart to upload this to GH so you can get some collaboration going. Entirely up to you though of course, Exze.
I have already made a standalone version, however since MyBB takes care of so much I am going to rewrite it. I have huge plans, though some plugins maybe paid, the actual core plugin to get the RPG system up will be free.

GH may be the way to go then.
Pages: 1 2 3