MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Switching Webhosts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm planning on switching web hosts to arvixe.

I was just wondering how so I don't mess everything up. Smile

Thanks.
(2013-04-19, 04:47 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see How to change hosts successfully

How can I keep my old domain name?
Did you buy your domain from your current host or somewhere else?
Thank you for considering us as your web host we'd love to have you on board, feel free to use the coupon in my signature for a lifetime discount Smile.

Who is your current web hosting provider (Do they use the cPanel control panel?), if so we can migrate over everything for you (files, databases, emails etc...).

Also feel free to reach out to me anytime (my email is in my signature) if you need any help with the signup process or later on.
(2013-04-19, 08:04 AM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for considering us as your web host we'd love to have you on board, feel free to use the coupon in my signature for a lifetime discount Smile.

Who is your current web hosting provider (Do they use the cPanel control panel?), if so we can migrate over everything for you (files, databases, emails etc...).

Also feel free to reach out to me anytime (my email is in my signature) if you need any help with the signup process or later on.
My current web host is 1and1 and no they do not use cPanel.
^ how do you access database and files - can you backup database from forum's admin panel without break
(2013-04-19, 07:45 PM)TheSpeedyFeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-19, 08:04 AM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for considering us as your web host we'd love to have you on board, feel free to use the coupon in my signature for a lifetime discount Smile.

My current web host is 1and1 and no they do not use cPanel.

We can still migrate you from your previous host if they don't use cPanel, you can see our free transfer policy here: http://www.arvixe.com/ftp.php

This explains all the information we require in order to make a successful transfer of your website from non-cPanel based control panels.

Again if your stuck or have any questions about the migration process feel free to reach out to me.
(2013-04-20, 07:52 AM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]free transfer policy... ftp.php

I see what you did there...
(2013-04-19, 04:58 AM)TheSpeedyFeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-19, 04:47 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see How to change hosts successfully

How can I keep my old domain name?

We offer a free domain registration service for the lifetime of your hosting account, as you have already registered your domain name you can either opt in for a free transfer to us (select this on the order form) or you can keep your domain at your current registrar (though that would mean you have to renew it and it won't be free). If you keep your domain at your current registrar you would need to update the domain nameservers to the ones we provide you.

Who is your domain currently registered with?
Pages: 1 2