MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP Mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have followed the information on checking the php mail with the test script. I received email and it dispalyed mail sent by PHP. There are no errors.

The problem I am having is that there are no emails being sent out through the forum itself. examples: pm notifications, send email to user, send thread, none of the mass emails.

Web address is http:www.panhandlepierfishing.com

Any help or insight would be greatly apprecciated.

Thanks
if you received test mail and other mails are not sent then you need to contact your web host.
hi

use smtp mail

look at hosting your email settings
if you have not made ​​your email for webiste in hosting it will not be. make the first email in your hosting.
(2013-04-22, 02:24 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you received test mail and other mails are not sent then you need to contact your web host.

I have already contacted them and they say the problem lies with in mybb. I don't know. Where should I ask them to start looking..

Thanks

(2013-04-22, 03:23 AM)ikhwanulfikri Wrote: [ -> ]hi

use smtp mail

look at hosting your email settings
if you have not made ​​your email for webiste in hosting it will not be. make the first email in your hosting.

I have already setup a relay and tried it and 1 email was sent out of 25 tries.

Settings

Smtp: relay-hosting.secureserver.net
Port: 25
Pass: none
user: none
Encrypt: none

Thanks
I have tested my smtp relay and according MxToolBox it is working just fine.

I have gotten it to the point to where I am receiving NO errors in the System Mail Log.
So I am assuming that mybb thinks it has sent.

But yet I nor anyone else is receiving any email updates.
Any suggestions on where to start looking now.

Thanks
I see from the comments above you do not enter a password and user name.

please enter the password and user.
(2013-04-24, 09:29 AM)ikhwanulfikri Wrote: [ -> ]I see from the comments above you do not enter a password and user name.

please enter the password and user.

There is no password or user id needed.
you need to check actual mail system log which exists at higher level directory (eg. sendmail error log)
This is now the 2 errors I get.

When I send something:
The SMTP server does not support any of the AUTH methods that MyBB supports
MyBB was unable to authenticate you against the SMTP server

When Member has request post update:
The mail server does not understand the RCPT TO command. Reason: N/A
hahha ... it seems you have to update hosting in order to create a personal email to your website ..

I think where possible using smtp not use a password and user.
it means the email that will be sent to your user name instead of hosting your website.
Pages: 1 2