MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple attachments with jQuery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2014-07-09, 09:11 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see this but I fear that it is too big a task to be implemented successfully in too short a timeframe.

probably true.

and to be honest, the attachment system needs a rework anyhow. right now it's disabled for most user groups on my forum because it's not flexible.

for example, you cannot link an attachment in a thread/post other than the 1 that it was originally uploaded in. this leads to it being entirely inefficient and using up more storage space if a user wants to post the same photo(s) in 2 different threads.
This is something that I have been desperately needing for my website. Running a students means lots of work gets uploaded. It's a huge hassle for my members who have to manually upload each file, rather than 'drag=and=drop' multiple attachments.

I would most definitely be willing to pay someone to implement this as a plugin, if it cannot be done by the extremely impressive MyBB dev team. Any alternative suggestion/solution would also be very much appreciated!
It would be great if we could have this functionality. If others on the team feel it would be a good addition then we may be able to see it in 1.8.1...
Would love, love, love this.
(2014-08-27, 04:31 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]It would be great if we could have this functionality. If others on the team feel it would be a good addition then we may be able to see it in 1.8.1...

even though the attachment system is disabled for must groups on my forum, I think the system needs this badly.
looks good the suggestion, like a drag n´ drop from the desktop, but can be added with a plugin or template edits,
Everything can be added with a plugin. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be core.
I agree that it should be added to the core.
this must be added in core... and soon, because attachment system is useles
This won't make it into 1.8.0 (too late) but probably in .1 or .2 - depends on how many bugs and other features we need to fix/add.
Pages: 1 2 3