MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When you think facebook will die ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just wanted to know what everyone thinks about facebook's end. Do you think it will end itself in the next 5-10 years after people getting bored from using it or will it be replaced by something more bigger than fb ?
Don't really care. I've tried to use FB but I hate it. I'm not really a social media type of person.... but I don't see it going anywhere unless someone with a lot of money invents something better than it and G+.
It won't die, just because of the sheer amount of people that know the name. If they name changed, domain changed, and layout changed all in the same day that'd be about the only thing that could kill it off (But still probably wouldn't unfortunately).
Nothing is eternal, same thing applies for FB, it won't "die" in next 5 years, but if something new and innovative popups up in upcoming years it can get into decline period. Great example are IM clients (ICQ, AOL, Yahoo, ...) - on to of the peak they where "in" and the amount of (active) users made them the FB of their time.

As the time passed some new services started to incorporate instant messaging options and the need for IM clients (download / install / use) just faded with time.

As for FB it's a backed by investors and deep budget along with strong public relations (large media advertisements, partnership with other corporations in various areas...) + the way of life is changing over last 10 years (everything that you do in real life can be shared via few clicks with your friends / family / relatives) it just involves less real social interaction.FB is just taking advantage of that and giving you the service that you need in that time.
(2013-05-05, 06:04 PM)Johnny S Wrote: [ -> ]Great example are IM clients (ICQ, AOL, Yahoo, ...) - on to of the peak they where "in" and the amount of (active) users made them the FB of their time.

Well, none of those are dead, far from it really. Toungue
I never stated that ICQ, AOL and Yahoo messengers are dead but the number of active users has decreased (i would bet by a huge margin) after a boom of FB and similar companies that are offering the same (and even more advanced) services (instant messaging in various forms).
I bet nobody thought that Bebo or Myspace would die when they were in their prime.
(2013-05-05, 06:56 PM)Johnny S Wrote: [ -> ]I never stated that ICQ, AOL and Yahoo messengers are dead but the number of active users has decreased (i would bet by a huge margin) after a boom of FB and similar companies that are offering the same (and even more advanced) services (instant messaging in various forms).
Speaking of Yahoo! Messengers there are a lot of pervs on there. I remember using Yahoo! Messenger to spread. Lots of pedos on there wanting pictures of teen girls.
(2013-05-05, 05:42 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]It won't die

Why do you think it's invincible? For instance anything better may come out -> people will move to it -> many won't have time to browse Facebook because of this new thing -> less and less popularity -> slow death. In around 15 years it may be like playing on Pegasus instead of computer or XBox nowadays.
Maybe you're confusing "die" with "slow down"?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5