MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb should have these features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-05-12, 04:03 PM)Alone warrior Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen 1.8's theme and it wasn't good.

That comes down to personal preference. We've received both positive and negative feedback. Some people like it, some people don't. We have to compromise to design something which fits the needs of a forum software.
Just change the friggin theme. If you're not willing to spend the hour of your life to find a new theme, I highly suspect you're not committed to most aspects of your site. It will fail regardless.

Only thing the default theme should be concerned with is structure and UI – and I think 1.8's theme has shortcomings in this area, but that's neither here nor there.

(2013-05-11, 02:39 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]6. You can already do quick reply with page reload; a WYS editor only adds to page load times for a simple reply back. More suited for community software?
8. MyBB is forum software not a CMS.

Tomm, I usually agree with you but WYS editor is a must. It's easy to take this for granted since almost everyone here knows basic HTML but BBCode is pretty insane looking to a normal person. Asking someone to essentially learn a scripting language – no matter how simple it is – just to post on a forum is too much.

MyBB isn't a CMS, but "Add a Page" is very basic and there's lots of reasons one would need such a thing. I can live without it but considering you basically have this feature existing in the help section, it couldn't hurt to expand it a bit.
(2013-05-12, 05:35 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Tomm, I usually agree with you but WYS editor is a must.
The suggestion was to add it to quick reply and Tom answered to that.
I think that a WYS editor should be used for Quick Reply. With modern-ish browsers and technology, the benefits for experience outweigh the tenth of a second of load time. Things could be a lot worse.
(2013-05-12, 05:45 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-05-12, 05:35 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Tomm, I usually agree with you but WYS editor is a must.
The suggestion was to add it to quick reply and Tom answered to that.

Quick Reply should be the reply.
I too agree that quick reply should use the editor - after all, I'd say 99% of posts are made using it and those that aren't only use the full reply to make use of the editor and/or attachments. Don't want to load it on page load? Load it when users click into it like IPB do. I see no reason not to have it.
(2013-05-12, 06:36 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I too agree that quick reply should use the editor - after all, I'd say 99% of posts are made using it and those that aren't only use the full reply to make use of the editor and/or attachments. Don't want to load it on page load? Load it when users click into it like IPB do. I see no reason not to have it.

I needn't bother replying :p
The quick reply is what I always use. I only use the full editor for preview and attachments.

Loading on click would be the way forward.
Half or almost of these features are in a Mod/Plugin, plus the new update may have some of these.
i swear this is most awesome idea i ever seen nice one buddy i agree with you
A rich text editor for a quick reply would be a little much. I could understand adding such functionality as bolding and emphasizing, but using a full-blown rich text editor just leads to bad code and more problems to create, rather than solutions to solve. A good forum doesn't necessarily require rich text. A good forum can do without... and Mybb executes that just swell.

Although, I could see why so me people would want it.
Pages: 1 2 3