MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb should have these features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'd actually like to see more updates on the full editor than on the quick reply. The quick reply, as said above, isn't really meant to be much, and I think it would be overkill to turn it into more than it was meant to be
Yeah, but what's the real difference between full reply and quick reply? I'm typing this out now in quick reply, the only reason I'd want to go to full reply is to either use the editor because I'm not sure what the syntax for a certain smiley or MyCode is, if I'm at the top of the page and want to reply, or because I need to attach a file. A WYSIWYG editor in quick reply solves one third of this problem, and attaching files is probably too complex to handle with AJAX/jQuery, especially if I want to attach a largeish file.

IMO the New Reply buttons should scroll to quick reply and autofocus for those who have quick reply enabled in the User CP, with a button on quick reply such as "Go Advanced" which takes you to a full editor.

Of course, the situation is different for moderators -- I haven't tested it, but I'd assume that it's faster to type out a reply saying "/thread" and lock it through Full Reply than to type out "/thread", then submit the post, then use Quick Moderation to close it.
Pages: 1 2 3