MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Regarding Cloudflare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does Installing Cloudflare causes any change to connecting of FTP using a Client or similar?
There must be an alternative. I mean, a lot of Forums use Cloudflare. Don't they use FTP?
They add a subdomain that doesn't pass through CloudFlare, like ftp.yourdomain.com.
Isn't there any alternative of using FTP Clients? I always found it easier.

Edit: I think using ftp.yourdomain.tld was hostname might work.
You could FTP directly to the IP as well if you don't want a potential DNS entry pointing shady characters at the glass window in your bunker. Though I don't know how effective or common this kind of snooping is.
I always transfer over SSH anyway. And use the IP of the server.
I just used direct.domainname.tld/cpanel & ftp.domainname.tld as hostname. That worked. I'll try using the IP as well.
You shouldn't be using FTP if you care at all about security anyway, SSH/SFTP is the way to go. (though you still need to set up a direct connect subdomain)

Also worth noting that once you get tired of CloudFlare's incessant downtime, take a look at Amazon CloudFront. Not free, but only a little over a cent per GB and much more stable. It doesn't take over your entire site, only static assets, which is all a CDN needs.
You should always just IP entry into FTP anyways. Don't even bother with an FTP DNS entry. It just tells people where your files are anyways.
Pages: 1 2