MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make a clean, default htaccess file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some reason, i had a problem with my htaccess file. It kept giving me the 404 error, etc. So i've deleted it.

My question is. How can i make a new htaccess file, one that is clean? I tryied different ones from myBB but won't work. Give me 500 error. Right now i don't have a htaccess file because i've deleted it.

How can i get a clean default htaccess file for myBB 1.6.10?

Thanx
are you using MyBB's SEF URLs ? if so, MyBB source files package consists of htaccess.txt file. rename it & use.
(2013-06-07, 06:54 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]are you using MyBB's SEF URLs ? if so, MyBB source files package consists of htaccess.txt file. rename it & use.

search engine friendly URLs? I did...but it gave me a 404 error so i needed to set search engine friendly URLs? to disable and now i don't hav a htaccess...
^ if you disabled search engine friendly URLs then in general htaccess file is not required.
do you remember having any specific rewrite / redirect rules in earlier htaccess
yes. i had "DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php" in htaccess. That is why i need another htaccess file,so i can use again my portal as front page...
^ you can add just that rule (line) in htaccess.txt file, upload it to forum root folder and rename it as .htaccess
Here is the ting. I had a empty htaccess file. In that file was only this text: "DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php", because i have a portal and want that page as front page. Ok, everyting wen fine a period,but from time 2 time, my users and me, got this error wen browsing on my forums: "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I read on google, if i delete the htaccess file and also set search engine friendly URLs? to disable the error will be solved. Indeed that fixed the problem. But now, i don't have a htaccess file so 2 redirect the users to the portal first instead of forums...

If i add only that rulle, the error will be back again. Tryed that..coz i still have the old htaccess with that code line "DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php".
^ suggestion is to make .htaccess file with that single rule. it should work for the required redirect.
It works. But than, the error comes back, the error with ....Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. From time 2 time.
^ you have to add custom error pages - see 404 custom error page
Pages: 1 2