MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.8] Supernova - Responsive, retina friendly skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2013-06-16, 02:32 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]is it responsive or adaptive though? Adaptive is a lot easier of course Toungue
Responsive. Adaptive is not good in a world where we have so many different screen resolution over hundreds of devices... i'd end up with either too many breakpoints or less device width support

(2013-06-16, 02:32 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]How does the header look on a phone?
I'll post a preview soon
I'm officially jealous :p

Really nice work! I'm definitely going to follow development on this.

Oh, and would there be any chance you could strip it down to make a framework or something?
@rzr - Cool on the responsive, I agree on the adaptive constraints, I have only 5 breakpoints and people on some screen sizes get a less pretty result, but at least it is there and looking ok. I will look at converting to responsive® later by using ems instead of pixels ....
Looks really good! I'm thrilled to see more of it.

Just an FYI but a lot of us are foregoing images in favour of vector font icons entirely now, so a lot of newer themes are retina ready.
Looks like Cubic in another color, nothing new IMHO. Not much has changed, I think you should really try to get away for your normal style, I haven't seen anything revolutionary from you yet. Should chill a bit with the inner shadows.
Looks good Tushar, nice to see you back at MyBB. Smile
seems... so simple, make it more colorfull Big Grin
(2013-06-16, 04:53 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Just an FYI but a lot of us are foregoing images in favour of vector font icons entirely now, so a lot of newer themes are retina ready.

Its just that i didn't see any retail theme that was retina friendly. But If there does exist a forum skin thats retina friendly do let me know, i'd have to edit my post

(2013-06-16, 05:26 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]I think you should really try to get away for your normal style, I haven't seen anything revolutionary from you yet.

*sigh*...
Instead of pointing out all the non-existent 'revolutionary' stuff i have ever seen from you, I'll have you know i asked ideas/suggestions for the skin, not your opinion about me or my style in general, stay on topic if you can
I could ofc make a logical argument about your post but i think ignoring you from now on is my best bet. Goodluck
(2013-06-16, 05:26 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Cubic in another color, nothing new IMHO. Not much has changed, I think you should really try to get away for your normal style, I haven't seen anything revolutionary from you yet. Should chill a bit with the inner shadows.

Can't we be positive for once? I think RZR is headed in a good direction and I'm curious to see more.
Looks great buddy. Your style of design is always extremely clean an easy to edit. I think the way you design is ideal because it allows others to come in quickly and change backgrounds and hues with ease. Gives people free reign over the code while applying their own creativity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7