MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hack Message?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just had a post at one of my forums which said:

HACKED BY LG TEAM

When you enter the thread there was a large red and black LG team logo image saying HACKED. The image was not an attachment but was posted in the thread using [img ] codes

Everything on the forum looks ok, I didnt click on the image and have installed the recent patches. Any thoughts on this?
PS> I deleted the thread and the user name was Se@L
Is it just a post? Has anything been damaged? Have they gained administrative access? Is something weird going on?
I've actually had this happen. Just some moron that probably couldn't hack, so they thought to scare admin. It's really easy to post an image saying "Hacked"...they just want to scare you! Deleting and banning is about the only thing you can do! Big Grin
Hi Dennis and Jude, thanks for the replies, everything looks in order, I dont think that they have accessed anything, maybe they were waiting for someone to click on the image, as it had a link too

I will do a virus / spy scan, change my admin pw, then login to admin and check the admin logs

PS> Yes it was just a post
Make sure the user hasn't gained administrative permissions via secondary usergroups. Go to the Manage Groups in the Admin CP to list users in both Primary and Secondary of any administrator usergroup and ensure the users there are the users you allow.
Also did you update to 1.2.2 this week?
labrocca Wrote:Also did you update to 1.2.2 this week?

1.2.2? Not yet Toungue I think he means the security update for 1.2.1 and 1.1.8
Quote:I didnt click on the image and have installed the recent patches

YES I did the security patch yesterday for all 5 forums (about 12 hours b4 this happened)

NO we have not yet upgraded to 1.2.2
The thing is - if a user had already posted an attachment exploiting this vulnerability then the patch doesn't fix that.

You could have been infected for a while and just happened to view a post or a link of some sort with the offending code.
Well, I have got those messages twice on my forum and I had some fun here ...
Pages: 1 2