MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How is the conversion to jQuery coming along?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You can use MyBB without Javascript, the JQuery transition doesn't change that.
That's great Sire StephenT Big Grin
(2013-07-18, 04:07 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]You can use MyBB without Javascript, the JQuery transition doesn't change that.

Is that really necessary to code though? Seems that without JS a browser is like a car without gas at this point.
(2013-07-18, 08:11 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-18, 04:07 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]You can use MyBB without Javascript, the JQuery transition doesn't change that.

Is that really necessary to code though? Seems that without JS a browser is like a car without gas at this point.

There's nothing to code. The browser will decide what to do.
um... I am using MyBB with pretty much no core js other than some small stuff and I'm porting everything to use Foundation by Zurb (which uses it's own jQuery scripts, zypto and modernizr)... and right now without mulit quote and all the other goodies.. it's a bloody nightmare..
And I'm live testing (theme is not public) on a board with 41K + posts and 3K+ members and I'm telling yea... to not use js on MyBB... is to go to war without any bullets or arrows. Not even a spear... just you.. and a wood stick.. against an army of armored robots.
(2013-07-24, 08:17 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]um... I am using MyBB with pretty much no core js other than some small stuff and I'm porting everything to use Foundation by Zurb (which uses it's own jQuery scripts, zypto and modernizr)... and right now without mulit quote and all the other goodies.. it's a bloody nightmare..
And I'm live testing (theme is not public) on a board with 41K + posts and 3K+ members and I'm telling yea... to not use js on MyBB... is to go to war without any bullets or arrows. Not even a spear... just you.. and a wood stick.. against an army of armored robots.

Why did you not use js? Were you testing the 1.8 alpha?
js is not that really important in that case
May I ask how much of the conversion is done? Smile
I feel like everything is frozen for a long time...
(2013-10-02, 05:13 PM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like everything is frozen for a long time...

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/commits/feature I think this says everything...

SCEditor is now implemented, some modals, popups etc too. A few things need to be added but a huge step is made with SCEditor.
Pages: 1 2 3