MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error with guest/deleted user last poster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, I'm having this issue with guest posts. On one forum (link backs) the guest last poster was "Serp". Now "Serp" is appearing as every last guest poster on the forum, including in non-guest friendly boards. "link backs" is also a sub-forum of an advertising forum I have, and there was a poster after "Serp" in another sub-board called "first time." Despite there being another poster, "Serp" still appears as the last post.

In another forum which isn't guest-friendly (Recreation & Commerce) and in a different category (Role Playing), "Serp" is also being displayed as the last post from a deleted user, despite the username in the thread appearing. "Serp" also appears in the help desk as the last poster in the same category despite the last poster in the thread being correct in the thread and that forum's thread list.

The issue occurred when I moved "Help Desk" and "Advertise & Affiliate" into its own category, instead of being a sub-board of a forum. I tried to recount & rebuild my forum, but to no avail. I am using version 1.6.10, and it is an upgrade. I have also tried to recreate all affected forums but to no avail.

Duplication of the issue is possible: post a topic in link back as a guest. If you post a topic in First Link, your post will display, but the last post username will not change on the index from "Serp." If you post in link back, you will notice that your username will appear on other forums instead of "Serp." You'll see what I mean when you return to the index as your post username will appear. The issue does not occur when a registered user posts.

Please note that I cannot remove these guest friendly forums as these are crucial to my forum for certain services which are common with our forum's community.

Here's my forum: http://detective.ethereal-visions.net/mybb/index.php
Forum to post test posts in to duplicate the issue: http://detective.ethereal-visions.net/my...php?fid=51

Can someone please help me resolve this issue? If so, thanks for the help in advanced! It's much appreciated.

[attachment=29626]
[attachment=29627]
[attachment=29628]
[attachment=29629]
Still looking for help with this issue.
I remember having similar issue, IIRC I got it fixed by running all Recount & Rebuilds, rebuilding all caches in Cache Manager and optimizing all database tables. Don't know which action fixed it specificallly.
(if you haven't tried it earlier)
admin panel >> Tools & Maintenance >> Recount & Rebuild --> Rebuild Thread Counters --> Go (run it)
None of the above suggestions worked, unfortunately. :| Could it be an internal database issue?
Assistance still needed.
Help still wanted.
Still need assistance with this issue.
Assistance still needed.
Still looking for help.
Pages: 1 2