MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hidden Gender Specific forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-07-07, 10:31 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-07, 10:05 PM)iChick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-07, 09:13 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's not that MyBB is incapable of what you're after, it's that's it doesn't exist in the core. It likely would have cost you a lot less to request a plugin than to switch to a whole new platform.

how much less than $0 would it cost?

Assuming you didn't already have a Xenforo license, around $120-$130 less. Xenforo also has yearly fees for updates and support. Overall, using MyBB is cheaper especially for something as simple as checking for a profile field.

There you go assuming again.

I'll give you a clue, I don't have a pirated copy of Xenforo, I didn't already have my own license, and I don't need to pay for a license to legally use it. Can you think of how that can be true?
(2013-07-10, 01:30 AM)iChick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-07, 10:31 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-07, 10:05 PM)iChick Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-07, 09:13 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It's not that MyBB is incapable of what you're after, it's that's it doesn't exist in the core. It likely would have cost you a lot less to request a plugin than to switch to a whole new platform.

how much less than $0 would it cost?

Assuming you didn't already have a Xenforo license, around $120-$130 less. Xenforo also has yearly fees for updates and support. Overall, using MyBB is cheaper especially for something as simple as checking for a profile field.

There you go assuming again.

I'll give you a clue, I don't have a pirated copy of Xenforo, I didn't already have my own license, and I don't need to pay for a license to legally use it. Can you think of how that can be true?

Just do what you think is best. Do what ever you want. It's just simple suggestions here that people are trying to help you for MyBB and that's what you asked. If you don't like it, then do what ever you want. If you think XenForo is best for your need, then stick with it.
And closed. It seems clear now than OP doesn't care for any further discussion.
Pages: 1 2 3