MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYBB Future Concept
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

As a small pass-time I decided to draw up a conceptual mockup of a modern discussion board!

How cool would it be to see the next generation of MYBB boards allowing users to receive "notifications" when fellowing forum members they have 'liked', 'tagged', or 'quoted'. Furthermore, users would be able to follow friends, see which topics they've participated in, read posts they 'liked' and much more, keeping them engaged and connected to interesting discussions as they develop.

Let me know what you think and would want to see in this utopic forum software of the future! Cool

I also left my messy .psd if you guys wanna improve upon it! I'm no graphic designer BTW!

If the discussion on this ramps up, I'll possibly improve these drafts.

[Image: mybb.jpg]

Note: I used a few MYBB posts form the Community forum to make up the data in the image. If that is illegal or if any member wants to be removed from the mockup please let me know!
That's a beautiful header image! I think the concept is cool but I think if we worked on font choice/size and alignment this could look really neat!
(2013-07-02, 11:09 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]That's a beautiful header image! I think the concept is cool but I think if we worked on font choice/size and alignment this could look really neat!

Wanna examplify?
I like bits of that design, but I've always hated sidebars being the way of navigation. Takes up unnecessary space imo. I like the features you want to see in MyBB. I have said for ages that MyBB needs to modernise itself with other forum software quickly. It's not something that should be discussed as a future concept, it needs to be something that is in development imo. But that's another topic.
I find it confusing. Is "trending" a forum or a thread." It looks like a thread but it's displayed in the sidebar as if it's a forum.
This is confusing IMO. If we're going to talk about the future of MyBB we should start with wireframes and a brief, not design.
Hey it's just a concept. xD

But I agree. Trending is like a newsfeed with threads that are popular right now. It'd be the landing page of a forum before a user browsed a particular forum.
that's actually pretty neat.

as some have said, I'm not a huge fan of navigation on the sidebar.
It looks nice, but right now - it is an isolated concept.

I am also not a fan of side navigation.
Not a fan of side nav either.
Pages: 1 2