MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Xenforo 1.2b5 with MyBB Importer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Its nice and powerful, but I can get everything I need from MyBB and more at some points. MyBB is easier to build on and make plugins and theme for. MyBB all the way.
MyBB but not only MyBB all free forum software have a slow pace of development and in shear use of web technology lack behind a lot. A simple quick reply to PM, a polished not a dated UI is not present in any of these forums software.
I am not trying to criticize MyBB and the groups effort as they work for free unlike Xen, who hires guys. So well free is free and paid is paid. You get what you pay for.
My suggestion, start with a free forum software, once you earn and the community gets serious move to a better software like Xenforo or IPB. I wont bother paying Vbulletin 250$ which is highly expensive.
Well please dont tell MyBB competed with Vbulletin and if it did, it lost bad. Count the amount of Vbulletin forums everywhere, and you will know why I said these lines. VB 4 and 3.8 and 3.9 were excellent and stable pieces of software.
Another excellent software for watching out is Woltlab burning board. Those Germans are upto a good forum software.

I personally feel Brad-T should be designing MyBB's default look, that guy has made MyBB into a terrific modern looking platform.
XenForo is a great system. Sure, it has a few things that can be improved (I certainly agree on the quote issue), but it's doing exactly what I think forum software should be doing. They're not wasting time adding things like photo galleries and CMS type features (the route vB has gone down and look where they are now with vB5 disconnect) but are instead on providing a great user interaction experience.

Saying that, there's little chance of a MyBB importer coming soon unless somebody steps up and starts the process of creating one. If you need one so badly, chip in to get a developer started on the project. It's not a quick or simple task to complete.
Pages: 1 2 3 4