MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED][1.6.10] Error consult Plugins and Themes from the PCA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I'm the Forum Administrator, http://www.mobilsam.com

I change hosting provider there is no time.
Since this change, since PCAdmin I can not access your site, to view the Plugins and Themes.

I purchase a dedicated IP address, which is 46.105.35.145:80 but it is still not possible to access a http://mods.mybb.com/ since PCA ...

This has not solved the problem.

Here is the error

Warning [2] array_key_exists () Expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given - Line: 93 - File: admin / modules / config / plugins.php PHP 5.4.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler-> error
/ admin / modules / config / plugins.php 93 array_key_exists
/ admin / index.php 541 require
The following errors were encountered:
There was a problem communicating with the server version of the mod.

The MyBB.fr media could not help me and advise me to come to you, here is the issue open home> http://www.mybb.fr/thread-6562.html (in French ).

I'm sorry in advance for the French to English translation made ​​by Google translation, I speak your language very well.

Could you help me solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your response.
Regards

Hello,

I do not just be open about it in the right section of the forum, in which case I apologize in advance.

Should I consider this as a bug or not?
Should I open a ticket to report bug?

Thank you in advance to tell me where I should post or if faudrai move about me and my request.

Many Thanks
Your issue is caused by bad error handling inside "admin/modules/config/plugins.php" :

$contents = fetch_remote_file("http://mods.mybb.com/xmlbrowse.php?type=mod&version={$major_version_code}{$keywords}{$url_page}", $post_data);

if(!$contents)
	{
		$page->output_inline_error($lang->error_communication_problem);
		$page->output_footer();
		exit;
	}

$table = new Table;
	$table->construct_header($lang->plugin);
	$table->construct_header($lang->latest_version, array("class" => "align_center", 'width' => 125));
	$table->construct_header($lang->controls, array("class" => "align_center", 'width' => 125));

$parser = new XMLParser($contents);
	$tree = $parser->get_tree();

if(!array_key_exists("results", $tree))
	{
		$page->output_inline_error($lang->error_communication_problem);
		$page->output_footer();
		exit;
	}

The $contents variable will have a confirmation/validation page, instead of the proper data, if your IP is rejected by MyBB.com!

The $tree variable will not be an Array() because the parser will fail to analyse the $content.

This is bad coding and should be fix to properly handle the validation process, by showing the code and process the answer so the next call to the same feature will work properly...

P.S. I wonder if mods.mybb.com is systematicly rejecting other countries IPs like France... Huh
Hello,

This problem is NOT SOLVED.

Do I understand I did not post the right forum ?
The support can not answer me ?
Would you please look at this problem ?

With respect.
Regards
You're hosting with OVH, a provider known for sending spam and malicious requests to servers. It's likely we've blocked requests from OVH servers to ensure the integrity of the site.

Hello and thank you Nathan Malcolm for your clear answer.

What will be the solution ?
Unblock dedicated IP address I buy ?
Change hosting provider ?

This is penalizing even though I understand your reasons

With respect.

Regards
We don't whitelist individual IP addresses. You'll either need to switch to another web host or simply not use that feature. Ideally we wouldn't have to block datacenters but it's necessary to keep the site up.
(2013-07-14, 12:36 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]We don't whitelist individual IP addresses. You'll either need to switch to another web host or simply not use that feature. Ideally we wouldn't have to block datacenters but it's necessary to keep the site up.

I can really understand your position regarding hackers and spammers, but I cannot understand the fact that the message sent to the forum administrators is not correctly displayed when they try to verify for plugins.

Since you ask for "validation" instead of sending the XML plugins data, it should be processed correctly. It would be easy for a GOOD coder to validate the $content response and display the HTML content so it could be properly responded.

Actually, your users can only believe that there is a variable error that is not an array(), which is not entirely true!

I really hope that this bad error processing would be properly recoded in a future version, so the validation page sent by you would be properly displayed and responded.
I understand, I just changed it a few days ago a host, I lose money, and our community suffers, DNS propagation, 404, SEO etc. ..

Thank you for your speed, openness and clarity on these issues and reasons

With respect to you and Nathan Malcolm MyBB.com the community.
Regards

Sorry for my bad english i'll translate with google
(2013-07-14, 01:00 PM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-14, 12:36 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]We don't whitelist individual IP addresses. You'll either need to switch to another web host or simply not use that feature. Ideally we wouldn't have to block datacenters but it's necessary to keep the site up.

I can really understand your position regarding hackers and spammers, but I cannot understand the fact that the message sent to the forum administrators is not correctly displayed when they try to verify for plugins.

Since you ask for "validation" instead of sending the XML plugins data, it should be processed correctly. It would be easy for a GOOD coder to validate the $content response and display the HTML content so it could be properly responded.

Actually, your users can only believe that there is a variable error that is not an array(), which is not entirely true!

I really hope that this bad error processing would be properly recoded in a future version, so the validation page sent by you would be properly displayed and responded.

Report it as a bug? That's all it is...
and make a patch to access captcha?

Regards

Many Thanks Nathan Smile > http://dev.mybb.com/issues/2246
Pages: 1 2 3