MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Emergency] Idea to make MYBB better than all forums on Earth.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yes this can be a nice feature, but need also a lot of works, so i think is impossible.
(2013-07-16, 12:34 AM)JesusChrist Wrote: [ -> ]Add an admin wysiwyg interface where you can edit the whole forum by dragging, scaling, moving buttons around by just pointing and dragging.
custom colors - everything.

Blow your minds. Blow your brains to the sky..

wysiwyg is better with mybb style its gonna be awesome yu are smart jesus christ wait did i just say jesus? lol?
(2013-08-17, 10:45 AM)Xbat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-16, 12:34 AM)JesusChrist Wrote: [ -> ]Add an admin wysiwyg interface where you can edit the whole forum by dragging, scaling, moving buttons around by just pointing and dragging.
custom colors - everything.

Blow your minds. Blow your brains to the sky..

wysiwyg is better with mybb style its gonna be awesome yu are smart jesus christ wait did i just say jesus? lol?

How is this like MyBB in any way? MyBB has always been known as a lightweight forum software to build off of. How on earth does an overweight WYSIWYG interface match up with that ideal at all? And yes, I have used the IPB/Xenforo WYSIWYG editors and they weren't worth the code.
(2013-07-16, 07:24 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Now... If I think one thing would be useful as drag and drop, it's the forum/category ordering.

WYSIWYG editing is not worth the JS overhead. Start by learning HTML, CSS, and JavaScript and then you can make the changes on your own without a ton of extra code.

I would love to see that.
Really glad to see this thread come back. Best thread this year.
(2013-10-01, 08:31 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Really glad to see this thread come back. Best thread this year.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... but on the off chance you aren't...

(2013-10-01, 08:25 PM)randomdudehere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-16, 07:24 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Now... If I think one thing would be useful as drag and drop, it's the forum/category ordering.

WYSIWYG editing is not worth the JS overhead. Start by learning HTML, CSS, and JavaScript and then you can make the changes on your own without a ton of extra code.

I would love to see that.

I agree.
Well SCE Editor is a light WYSIWYG editor. But I wont press for it in the core, until a proper mod is available to be used.
(2013-10-02, 07:43 AM)Bala Wrote: [ -> ]Well SCE Editor is a light WYSIWYG editor. But I wont press for it in the core, until a proper mod is available to be used.

Wysiwyg is already confirmed for 2.0.
Did not know that Alex. Can you tell me which editor will be used?
For 2.0 I'm not sure if a specific editor has been selected yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5