MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Emergency] Idea to make MYBB better than all forums on Earth.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Which doesn't mean anything for MyBB 2. Wink There may be a better editor when the decision will be made for 2.0.
WP have some visual frameworks and php solutions to create themes, why not? I think anybody who knows mybb engine and are good coder can create such visual framework or another cool tool to create mybb themes.
(2013-10-05, 09:27 AM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]WP have some visual frameworks and php solutions to create themes, why not? I think anybody who knows mybb engine and are good coder can create such visual framework or another cool tool to create mybb themes.

Unless you want a WYSIWYG editor for the entire forum, it can't get much easier. And by reading this thread, I don't think it's likely to happen. Wink

(2013-10-04, 09:41 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Which doesn't mean anything for MyBB 2. Wink There may be a better editor when the decision will be made for 2.0.

Fair enough, but I think that it's a backwards step if you add a WYSIWYG editor in 1.8 and remove it in 2.0. Toungue My point was that 1.8 definitely has a WYSIWYG editor, and to tell @Bala SCEditor is already in 1.8.
Ya I am happy SCE is there but dont mind if it changes to something better or inhouse. CKEditor is too heavy I feel.
(2013-07-16, 12:34 AM)JesusChrist Wrote: [ -> ]Add an admin wysiwyg interface where you can edit the whole forum by dragging, scaling, moving buttons around by just pointing and dragging.
custom colors - everything.

Such forum engine already exists - Discuz. It also support social elements like blogs, articles, have it's own social network, visual template edits by dragging and moving blocks and buttons, create, customize and place your own modules, plugins install and autoupdate in one click similar to wordpress, search system that looks like google, etc...

But it have only one but imo big weak point - it's Chinese language mainly.

In XenForo you can make some limited edits (visually change colors and header for example), but it's paid, heavy and overloaded by java sripts.
And, there has been an english community for it for years now. Yet, it never gets any steam behind it.
Was nice idea...and He is Jesus Christ
(2013-10-12, 12:38 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]And, there has been an english community for it for years now. Yet, it never gets any steam behind it.

Yes, but if you update your plugins, they and your forum became chinese language.
That's the reason it's not popular out of Сhina.
(2013-10-12, 12:38 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]And, there has been an english community for it for years now. Yet, it never gets any steam behind it.

Probably because it's like $2,000 USD http://www.comsenz.com/purchase/discuzx Unless I'm missing something there :|
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5