MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Server Load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys I am getting server load 0, and memory 4.25, 4.5, 5. Is this normal or not. What memory usage is considered too high?
Thanks

PS. My web server has 128M memory limit!
I would say anything above 13 for server load should be taken under consideration. 1-8 is ok in my opinion. As for your memory, I think it's normal.

Edited

Follow Nathans Reply!

A load higher than the maximum number of cores on the server should be investigated.
(2013-07-17, 03:54 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]I would say anything above 13 for server load should be taken under consideration. 1-8 is ok in my opinion. As for your memory, I think it's normal.

Thank you so much.
Just a tip: If you looking forward to save some bandwidth and keep your server load to the minimum then use Cloudflare. It won't help you entirely but it will help out a little.
(2013-07-17, 03:54 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]I would say anything above 13 for server load should be taken under consideration. 1-8 is ok in my opinion. As for your memory, I think it's normal.

Only if the server has 13 cores. A load higher than the maximum number of cores on the server should be investigated.
(2013-07-17, 04:03 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]

Only if the server has 13 cores. A load higher than the maximum number of cores on the server should be investigated.

I just spoke to my host to find out how many cores I have because my websites server load is always above 10. They told me I have 24 cores on my shared host so I guess my server load is good most of the time.

For OP: If you use cPanel then login to your cPanel and look for server status and by Server Load, it should tell you how many cores you have.
It's the server load. If you are on a shared host it doesn't say anything because it caused by hundreds or even thousands of customers.
(2013-07-17, 04:22 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]It's the server load. If you are on a shared host it doesn't say anything because it caused by hundreds or even thousands of customers.

Yup I know that but I'm always keeping my eye on the server load because if I see the server increasing it's normal load and it keeps increasing for the next days I often change the hosts or move to my backup host. At least, It prevents loss of activity and downtime.
Lately on my forum there is a very strange load:

[Image: 1374083551-clip-30kb.png]

Allowable load for my hosting plan:
for CPU 43; for MySQL: 500
My hosting company warned my about high server load and a friend of mine helped me with this problem. I already made the changes from similar turorials and had enabled the plugin "Preparser Cache", but recently high server load caused by "attachment.php".

Here is his solution (is in Greek, here is a translated version from Google).
Pages: 1 2