MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB gaming forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've lurked the Showcase section but with no luck. I was recently banned on the only forum I visited and I am bored now. I was wondering if anyone has a good forum that I can sign up and post on. Are there any MyBB equivalents to TheTechGame, Se7enSins, XboxMB?

Thank you.
None that can rival it. Only MyBB forum with a large gaming scene is probably Hack Forums.
I'm working on something like it... sllllllooooooowwwwwly...

http://www.modymart.com

Basically like those sites but allows you to SELL your creations and what have you... I couldn't afford buying modmart.com so had to go with modymart.. for now anyway. Maybe it'll grow big after a few years if I end up with about just $2,000 to invest into development.

My server setup can scale to handle huge traffic when needed.
Let me know if it's a site you'd like to be a member of, I give my fellow MyBB forum users special attention in passing the starting spam restrictions.

@Xanth Yea HF is the only MyBB forum community that outdoes other MyBB gaming sites in just pure user activity. I'm finding myself more active there myself recently. One thing though is I think (I could be wrong but from my observation) HF seems to have a developed culture to resist new members of trust probably because of the volume of spam accounts and kidos running through there. It's not like that on Se7enSins or XPgamesaves. TechGame is like that and sometimes so is XboxMB. Each site seems to have it's own culture... and each has their own policies.. some of which are ridiculous like TTG account removal policy. a real PITA if you're someone like me that logs in only once in a while because I'm too busy to bother logging in once a month for a site I have nothing invested in or isn't earning me some kind of profit or leads.
That's where I'm hoping my site might grow into.. but eh.. who knows.. even if I market the crap out of it, the design is not great right now (Metro styling) and it's just a whole lot of work to get working right which I don't have the time to personally do right now.

Anyway.. hope my post here was worth your time to read. Smile
Hey give my site a chance? We are not the size of those sites but my site is just getting started and not years aged like the ones you listed. http://www.ezeegaming.com/index.php

As far as banning goes, we are not a strict staff and we have only banned 5 active members off of ezee. We even allow banned members to appeal their ban. Fairness to the members is something that is very important to us.
Ah dam Taylor, I felt bad when I saw your site stats:
Threads: 11,661
Members: 2,316

But I got you beat on member count! lol ;P
Seriously good job on member activity,
was surprised cuz the design is well.. kinda fruity but I respect it.
What did you do to get the membership activity you have?
Most from your personal gaming adventures or did you nab the right YouTube members or something else? Just curious.
(2013-07-24, 08:00 PM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]Ah dam Taylor, I felt bad when I saw your site stats:
Threads: 11,661
Members: 2,316

But I got you beat on member count! lol ;P
Seriously good job on member activity,
was surprised cuz the design is well.. kinda fruity but I respect it.
What did you do to get the membership activity you have?
Most from your personal gaming adventures or did you nab the right YouTube members or something else? Just curious.

Why would you feel bad? Membership activity may be due to the fact that the community is close, always playing games together and such it builds a bond.
Aye check out http://www.modzworld.com/

Give my site a chance too, even though we just started, but it's a good and active site with Plus members too.
(2013-07-24, 10:18 PM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]Aye check out http://www.modzworld.com/

Give my site a chance too, even though we just started, but it's a good and active site with Plus members too.

Hits: 25947
Topics: 217
Members: 141

Not yet in the same boat, you have a couple years to go to catch up and is not quite what OP was asking for... anyone under 500K posts probably doesn't qualify on the same scale as the other leading vB video gaming forums.
HF is the only one I know about that has a large amount of video gamers on it and is MyBB as well as over ... well dayum.. right now the site has 26,260,245 posts according to stats.php

@Talyor
I mean I feel bad because my site was booming before 6 months ago but lost steam soon as some key video gamers left / retired. The traffic we get is usually remanent fans and people looking for them. I haven't really spent any time recruiting like we used to. So eh.. that's why. So bravo that you're forum is really active!
(2013-07-25, 04:05 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-24, 10:18 PM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]Aye check out http://www.modzworld.com/

Hits: 25947
Topics: 217
Members: 141

Not yet in the same boat, you have a couple years to go to catch up and is not quite what OP was asking for... anyone under 500K posts probably doesn't qualify on the same scale as the other leading vB video gaming forums.
HF is the only one I know about that has a large amount of video gamers on it and is MyBB as well as over ... well dayum.. right now the site has 26,260,245 posts according to stats.php

@Talyor
I mean I feel bad because my site was booming before 6 months ago but lost steam soon as some key video gamers left / retired. The traffic we get is usually remanent fans and people looking for them. I haven't really spent any time recruiting like we used to. So eh.. that's why. So bravo that you're forum is really active!

How did you get the hits?
it's listed on your modified stats.php.. instead of threads you have hits in it's place. I thought it was strange to do but it's cool, I use a fancy globe display tracker to show my users a visual hit map and who's on the site in the world at the same time. It's called rev maps.
Pages: 1 2 3