MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb and CloudFlare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-07-22, 06:00 PM)Senethic Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have lazy loading checked on?

Possibly a cause (that's a Mirage feature). Rocket Loader is the other possible cause.
Guys,
I wanted to pass on this info for those of you considering CloudFlare:

Over the last month we have been very slow, we're talking 20 seconds per page load. This is a new dedicated server too. We're messing with the server, upgrading things, and nothing would fix it. I started doing page load analysis from our forum as well as other sites hosted on the server and I discovered that every site using Free CloudFlare was slow like this.

In desperation we upgraded and the problem went away immediately.

So be warned, the Free version of CloudFlare can be VERY slow. Slower than your server.
Well off course. I think the free version of Cloudflare is best for shared hosts.
(2013-08-08, 01:46 AM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]Guys,

Over the last month we have been very slow, we're talking 20 seconds per page load. This is a new dedicated server too. We're messing with the server, upgrading things, and nothing would fix it. I started doing page load analysis from our forum as well as other sites hosted on the server and I discovered that every site using Free CloudFlare was slow like this.

So be warned, the Free version of CloudFlare can be VERY slow. Slower than your server.

Free isn't going to mean we're going to slow it down (we're not going to make the site slow because it is on a free plan & there's generally something else going on. It really would have been best to open a support ticket with specific details.

(2013-07-21, 07:12 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-21, 07:01 PM)Guac Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-21, 06:55 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Guac, Cloudflare is not a DDoS or DoS protection provider. Cloudflare saves bandwidth, increases website performance, protects from spammers and much more.

You probably turned on a setting that you shouldn't have. What do you have turned on in performance settings and overall?

CloudFlare is ddos protection, read more here. Anyways, I do not care about saving bandwidth as I have unlimited. My site is fast and any issues with spammers will be taken care of. I already posted that I removed it so no further help is required. Thanks.

I see where you are coming. You are completely right about that however Cloudflare doesn't position themselves as DoS or DDoS protection. You have to pay for their DDoS protection, which is clearly proven by the above provided link. Feel free to ask anyone else who is an experienced webmaster for many years. I'm just trying to clear out your misunderstanding so you don't underestimate Cloudflare and use it to your best."

We actually do provide DDoS protection and mitigation, even to customers on a free or Pro plan (I'm Under Attack mode). Only Business and Enterprise are guaranteed protection with no limit.

This is a follow-up to my post above.
We purchased the pro version of CloudFlare and things were fast again for a couple of weeks, but then they went back to being slow as before. I contacted tech support, and it was unhelpful. In 4 days I have only gotten one response and it was basically "it shouldn't be slow."

Forum members were starting to complain, so in desperation I turned off CloudFlare 24 hours ago and our site is running much faster than with it on, even during peak use time last night.

So beware. CloudFlare might save you some server resources but it will slow down your site to the point where it's a big problem, which is not a good trade-off in our opinion. This is with a paid "pro" account even.

Because of the slowness and terrible CloudFlare support, we're not going to renew our pro account. It's just not worth it.
(2013-08-28, 02:33 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]

We purchased the pro version of CloudFlare and things were fast again for a couple of weeks, but then they went back to being slow as before. I contacted tech support, and it was unhelpful. In 4 days I have only gotten one response and it was basically "it shouldn't be slow."

Forum members were starting to complain, so in desperation I turned off CloudFlare 24 hours ago and our site is running much faster than with it on, even during peak use time last night.

So beware. CloudFlare might save you some server resources but it will slow down your site to the point where it's a big problem, which is not a good trade-off in our opinion. This is with a paid "pro" account even.

Because of the slowness and terrible CloudFlare support, we're not going to renew our pro account. It's just not worth it.
Must be something with you or one of their servers which mitigates resources to near by DC to your location. It's fine for me and I'm on their pro plan since long.
(2013-08-28, 04:13 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]

Must be something with you or one of their servers which mitigates resources to near by DC to your location. It's fine for me and I'm on their pro plan since long.

That might be the case, but if so, their support can't figure it out or do anything helpful. Which is a shame.
(2013-08-28, 04:20 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]

That might be the case, but if so, their support can't figure it out or do anything helpful. Which is a shame.

Hi,

It is hard for me to look at without knowing either the ticket or domain in question. It honestly sounds like (a) your host/server may have been limiting requests from our IPs (our IPs should be whitelisted), or (b) an optional performance feature may have impacted something.

Sorry you had a bad experience.
(2013-08-28, 06:17 PM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-28, 04:20 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi,

It is hard for me to look at without knowing either the ticket or domain in question. It honestly sounds like (a) your host/server may have been limiting requests from our IPs (our IPs should be whitelisted), or (b) an optional performance feature may have impacted something.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Strangely, your support did not even think to bring that up as a possibility. I am not trying to get help or support here, as it's probably not your job; I am just warning people about CloudFlare's slow service and god-awful support that comes with it.
"I am not trying to get help or support here, as it's probably not your job;"

I'm actually fairly involved in support...but can't see everything that comes in. We actually have quite a bit of positive feedback about our support overall, so I do apologize if your case didn't meet your expectations & we didn't deliver.
Pages: 1 2 3