MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hate on Web Browsers Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was bored and very aggravated with Google Chrome at the moment so felt like it may be fun to start a hate thread for the web browsers we use.

I miss the days when netscape browser was the shiznit and everything was smooth and simple and always worked.

Opera did a stupid update that makes it so it crashes constantly with specific javascripts such as Gmail scripts.

IE.. well IE has always been the red headed step child with their own f'd up idea of IE only CSS styling and scripting. a Real PITA.

Google Chrome and spell check.. ZOMFG SOB! Google Search has about the most intuitive spell check on the planet... but Google's web browser chrome??? No, they gotta put the most unintelligent stupid spell check on the planet in the browser that they peddle as supposed to be the best browser out there.. MY fing lime! You really failed there Google! Not to mention about removing the standard right click open in new tab option.. maybe we don't want to reach for the keyboard and hold down control.. fing a holes...

Safari... well... no real complaints right now other than lack of extensions.

Firefox.. you've always been my favorite.. but also terrible in design.. but you're faithful and always work except for the occasional crashes and even after you crash, you give the option to restore the crashed session. And you have the best extensions a webbrowser can have.

Where all these browsers fail.. is allowing a way to have multiple login cookies for a single website active in different tabs. That would be heaven as I wouldn't need to use all these different fing browsers ever again.. just one.
IE would be the obvious answer. But since it is I choose Safari. I hate the general way it functions. I'm not sure what exactly I hate about it but it really annoys me. Safari, IE, Opera, Firefox and Chrome in this order.
IE is by far the worst browser, all it's good for is downloading chrome lol. I have to say safari has improved massively over the last few years and is arguably almost at the same level that google chrome is at. I think nowadays browser choice is based on several different factors, the main factor being accessibility. With so many people using mobile devices to access the internet, I assume iPhone users may tend to use safari for maximum integration while Android users may lean towards chrome.
Lynx all the way.
Still hating on IE because IE.
(2013-07-24, 09:43 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]Firefox.. you've always been my favorite.. but also terrible in design.. but you're faithful and always work except for the occasional crashes and even after you crash, you give the option to restore the crashed session. And you have the best extensions a webbrowser can have.

Have you played with v25 nightly build of FireFox? It has a complete new design (much more Chrome like) & they plan to release it as a stable version this October.

Image:
http://s23.postimg.org/7ay9qs4e2/v25.jpg

Do you feel its the right move forward in terms of design?
Safari! Simply because Toungue.

Honestly I don't really hate any of them. They all have their ups and downs and IE is making huge strides with these last couple versions. I simply choose safari because I feel like it's a bad version of chrome now.
The Opera 15 update caused it to become as featureless and bland as Chrome (it may as well be Chrome). I'm hoping they add a lot of the old features back, Opera was by far my favourite browser due to the customization and massive amount of features that no other browser has had, but their newest version removed all of that.

IE due to it being incredibly hard to work with (they have been getting better but unless you use Chrome Frame it still falls behind in properly rendering pages).

Chrome due to how dumbed down it is, it would have no features were it not for the extensions. I'd be fine with it if it weren't for the fact that Chrome's popularity is causing all browsers to follow in its tracks. At least it does rendering right (the best in that area), but I think Chrome is designed to be appealing to an audience new to computers.

It's between IE and Chrome, I like what Chrome is but I don't like what it's causing.
Now you're just asking for trolls :p

Anyway, currently, my least favorite is Safari because it seems like it's becoming what IE was back in the day (long wait before updates, not really innovating, etc.). Plus, it's not available on Windows anymore so they removed a portion of their audience. That might not have been a huge portion, but it was there.

I like what IE's doing to become more up-to-date. Have you seen those new dev tools!? They look awesome compared to what IE now has! I see a good future for it, so I'm hoping for the best.

Chrome's half-monopoly on the market does scare me, but browser makers are smarter and more involved in the W3C than they were back in the browser wars, plus Google releases updates every 6 weeks so that's good.

Opera is...complicated. I never really cared for it (they didn't even have OS-native form controls) but we'll see what happens after a while of Webkit and then Blink.

Firefox is looking pretty good. I can't really say too much because I don't use it that often but I like their move towards mobile browsers and also mobile OSes. I mean, web technologies might be a bit behind when compared to what native platforms can do but I'm excited to see what comes out of it.
(2013-07-24, 10:52 AM)Alex - Arvixe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-24, 09:43 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]Firefox.. you've always been my favorite.. but also terrible in design.. but you're faithful and always work except for the occasional crashes and even after you crash, you give the option to restore the crashed session. And you have the best extensions a webbrowser can have.

Have you played with v25 nightly build of FireFox? It has a complete new design (much more Chrome like) & they plan to release it as a stable version this October.

Image:
http://s23.postimg.org/7ay9qs4e2/v25.jpg

Do you feel its the right move forward in terms of design?

Actually I really think that design is MUCH better, way to go firefox team! Now all we need is a way to use multiple login cookies for the same website in the same browser and I'll be good!

@Jammerx2 & @Ferron:
I completely agree! I think Opera really screwed the pooch with their latest update, it used to be a great browser and now they screwed it up. It's why I voted it my most hated browser right now... I'm totally resentful to their development team because they destroyed a good thing.

@all:
Safari doesn't work on Windows anymore? WHAT BS! Apple's gonna force web developers to buy Macs to just test their sites on Safari?! What an ahole move! Apple is going down hill since Steve passed away, Safari is now OSX only??? what BS!!!
(2013-07-24, 09:43 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]Opera did a stupid update that makes it so it crashes constantly with specific javascripts such as Gmail scripts.

You sure that's not your end? Using Opera with Gmail works fine here.
Pages: 1 2