MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paid Subscriptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, sorry if this has already been suggested and I know that you will probably say use a plugin etc but honestly I think this is a useful core feature.

- It is one less plugin to install
- If you want to use it it's there
- Even if people do not want to use it when their forum gets bigger they might decide to, and it's there!

So in my opinion I think this should be included as most forum software's have this, it is useful and is one less plugin we have to install.

Thank you.
Or, you could just use a plugin?

Saying

Quote:- It is one less plugin to install
- Even if people do not want to use it when their forum gets bigger they might decide to, and it's there!

could apply to literally anything..
(2013-08-01, 04:35 PM)Stefan C. Wrote: [ -> ]Or, you could just use a plugin?

Saying

Quote:- It is one less plugin to install

could apply to literally anything..

I know but, I just think this is so useful
There is a plugin already that seems to be pretty popular. It is a premium plugin, but you only have to pay $7 for it, so it's not unreasonable. http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-My...ptions-1-2
(2013-08-01, 06:47 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]There is a plugin already that seems to be pretty popular. It is a premium plugin, but you only have to pay $7 for it, so it's not unreasonable. http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-My...ptions-1-2

True, but I still think this would be a nice core feature.
I definitely agree that this should be a core feature. I want to move to MyBB, but haven't because of this problem. I would move in a heartbeat if it were added! Yes, there is a plugin. However, that is very likely to become incompatible at some point, and the author has not been seen in years. In fact, the site that used to host the live demonstration for the plugin doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Would certainly make a great core feature! Big Grin +1
(2014-02-26, 12:12 AM)iTech278 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there is a plugin. However, that is very likely to become incompatible at some point, and the author has not been seen in years. In fact, the site that used to host the live demonstration for the plugin doesn't seem to exist anymore.

The author of that plugin is a member of the MyBB Team. See their profile here. Furthermore I believe their site was down for a short period and is now back up.
(2014-02-26, 08:32 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]The author of that plugin is a member of the MyBB Team. See their profile here. Furthermore I believe their site was down for a short period and is now back up.

I was talking about the free MySubscriptions plugin listed on mods.mybb.com. Since they have the same title, I assume Pirata Nervo is EthanD (the author listed on the mods.mybb.com page)? I looked on Pirata Nervo's site, and saw he/she had a plugin, but it is a paid plugin. Please don't get me wrong - I completely understand it's probably well worth the money if your community is already using MyBB, and that Pirata has probably done an outstanding job, but the forum software I use now is free and offers it as a core feature, and it works great as well.

Either way, there's still no real reason it wouldn't make a great core feature. In fact, like I said before, it's the only thing keeping me off of MyBB. Hopefully that can change with 2.0! Smile
Sorry I didn't look at the link you posted and assumed it was Pirata's. Blush I also forgot that it was paid and as you said if you were to pay for it you would get your money's worth.
+1 this idea.
Pages: 1 2