MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Switching to Bluehost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, here is the deal. I am currently hosted with Go-daddy and have won a contest from makeuseof.com for a 1 year blue host hosting for free.

I am thinking of moving to them as they offer CPanel and go-daddy does not have a good control panel nor a backup system.

So I wanted to know from you guys is Bluehost good for hosting a mybb forum? If yes so what precautions I Should take while changing my hosts.

Also is my site suitable to be on a shared hosting plan and will I run into CPU over-usage problems with blue host? At go-daddy I dont have any problems except that backing up is a PITA and there is no live chat support, I have to call them everytime.
Well they're having downtime right now if that effects your decision. Either way I would get off of godaddy though.
Ok, thanks Alex. Yes I did see Bluehost, Justhost and Hostgator are facing downtime issues since a few days.
I have sites hosted with Hostgator for years. Now they are sold to EIG who does also own BlueHost.

They are moving the servers from ThePlanet datacenter to Provo datacenter where BlueHost is hosted aswell (as is HostMonster and others).

Since they moved the sites, my sites have been down for about 10 minutes / day - that never happened before with HG.

Yesterday, all sites hosted at Provo have been offline for a whole business day.

I can not recommend Bluehost, Hostgator or Hostmonster anymore I think. These downtimes are not acceptible.

I will move my sites from HG to a small host in my own country and I recommend to you that you stick with GoDaddy or find a nice, small hoster that is not owned by EIG.
You can check out the recent status on their twitter or facebook page, but yeah they are having issues.
Yes I saw their recent downtimes. The only issue I am having with go-daddy is doing backup. Speeds on their FTP server is pathetic. I have tried FileZilla and CuteFTP. There is no good control panel with go-dadddy.
I have got a free bluehost redemption code from my friend so planning to move to them.

If any of the hosting guys over here can give me a trial on their servers I would be glad to move to them, provided they provide backups and Cpanel.
(2013-08-03, 06:41 PM)Bala Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I saw their recent downtimes. The only issue I am having with go-daddy is doing backup. Speeds on their FTP server is pathetic. I have tried FileZilla and CuteFTP. There is no good control panel with go-dadddy.
I have got a free bluehost redemption code from my friend so planning to move to them.

If any of the hosting guys over here can give me a trial on their servers I would be glad to move to them, provided they provide backups and Cpanel.

Check out http://hostturbo.com
You can use promo code "TESTDRIVE" for a free month.
Well, I have a free one year with blue host. And your hosting site seems small and the last time I used one it was called Zyma, who eloped with the money I paid to them. So just a bit scared.
(2013-08-03, 06:51 PM)Bala Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I have a free one year with blue host. And your hosting site seems small and the last time I used one it was called Zyma, who eloped with the money I paid to them. So just a bit scared.

Try out the month and see if you like it. You can always cancel, plus they have a 45-day money back guarantee.
You do not own host turbo mate?
Pages: 1 2