MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB IRC Channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I honestly thought that IRC was dead and no longer existed.
(2015-06-11, 08:56 PM)Alycium Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly thought that IRC was dead and no longer existed.

IRC is still quite popular. the mybb irc channel is pretty dead though. Toungue
(2015-06-11, 11:52 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-11, 08:56 PM)Alycium Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly thought that IRC was dead and no longer existed.

IRC is still quite popular.  the mybb irc channel is pretty dead though.   Toungue

Forum people don't seem to know what IRC is. I run an IRC server for IcyBoards and I'm lucky to have 2 people on it. Everyone else joins, says "hi" or "help plz" then leaves 30 seconds later before you even see the message.
(2015-06-11, 11:52 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]

IRC is still quite popular.  the mybb irc channel is pretty dead though.   Toungue

Yeah, I try to drop in when I have an hour or so free, which is pretty rare.
Reason I thought it was dead is because when I was a young teen (I'm now 28 years old) I used to use mIRC for gaming, scrims...etc That was years ago, I haven't heard of anyone using in recent years until I came across this thread.
It's still quite common in tech and software development. Otherwise, it's not super frequently used anymore.
(2015-06-24, 01:19 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]It's still quite common in tech and software development. Otherwise, it's not super frequently used anymore.

It's still heavily used with piracy too...
Pages: 1 2 3